Chapter 54

---------- Chapter 54 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “I love you,” Haden breathes against my lips.

            “I love you more,” I say, pulling him down on me.

I still can’t really bend my knees without hurting myself, so Haden always straddles me. I don’t think he would admit it, but I think he’s starting to like the whole dominance thing.

            “You’ll be good while I’m gone, right?” he asks.

Haden will be leaving in the morning.

The past week has gone by so fast! It’s so unfair!

I can’t believe tonight is our last night together for god-knows-how-long!

            “No promises,” I mumble.

Haden grins and begins nibbling my neck.

            “I’m going to miss you so much, sweetheart. I want you to promise me that you will be careful and stay safe, okay? Don’t trust anyone other than Matt, Alex and Carter. I want you to promise me you won’t go anywhere alone, okay?”

            “Mmhm,” I breathe, guiding his face back up to mine.

I’m just about to deepen our kiss when there’s a knock on the door.

            “Make them go away,” I sigh under my breath.

Haden grins at me. “I will.”

            “Haden? Skye? You two decent?”

It’s Alex.

Great! He isn’t going to leave until Haden talks to him face-to-face.

            “Not entirely,” Haden mutters.

            “Well, get entirely decent and open this door. I need to talk to the both of you,” he says.

Haden cusses under his breath and rolls off me. He pulls his shirt on while I button my dress back up.

Haden crosses the room and pulls the door open.

            “This had better be important,” Haden hisses.

Alex just smirks.

            “I’m sorry for interrupting you guys, but you guys can’t sleep together, not tonight.”

I just raise my eyebrow at that. I didn’t realize he had any power to tell us what we can or cannot do!

            “Really? And why is that?” Haden asks, crossing his arms.

            “Because,” Alex sighs as if we should already know. “Skye should be ovulating any time now. What happens if she gets pregnant?”

How the hell does he know?!

            “I keep track,” he says, smiling at me.

Gross!

Eww!

            “How…exactly are you keeping track of my fiancées fertile period?” Haden demands.

            “I don’t know for sure, but the guys and I keep track of when she gets her mood swings. We use that to estimate when she’ll PMS next. So obviously we can tell when she’s ovulating,” he says.