Chapter 68

This chapter is dedicated to Ibeth10. I know it's been ages! But I told you I'd dedicate a chapter for you! I wanted this to be your chapter because it was your idea to have Haden contact his dad! I hope you like it!! 

xx

---------- Chapter 68 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haden paces the floor distractedly. He’s clenching and unclenching his hands as he does so.

I know what he’s doing; he’s planning what to say to his father and how to say it.

We’ve only just gotten back to Persephone, but Haden already wants to set off to go speak to both our fathers.

This should be fun…

Or not.

            “Hay?” I whisper.

He doesn’t acknowledge me. His pacing just gets quicker, his clenching more frequent.

This boy stresses himself out too much.

            “Haden, stop pacing, babe. I’m getting dizzy,” I mumble.

He immediately stops and ends up sitting on the bed beside me. I rub his back soothingly.

            “It’s going to be fine, Hay,” I assure him.

He nods his head tightly. Interestingly enough, he rests his hand on my belly, rubbing it gently.

It’s almost as if this calms him down. How odd!

            “Skye…what if I’m a screw-up father?” he finally sighs.

So that’s what this is about!

            “Haden Carter,” I whisper, tilting his face towards mine. “You are going to be the best father ever! Our baby girl is going to be the luckiest little girl ever! She’ll have you!”

Haden sighs deeply, running a hand through his hair.

            “Who are we kidding, Skye? We’re overgrown kids ourselves! Our kid is going to grow up with us!” he mutters.

He just insulted me.

But I’m going to let this one slide.

            “Why the sudden doubt, Hay?” I ask.