4) Silver Bullets

Damien followed the two Alpha’s into a posh looking office with all sorts of traveler knickknacks still unnerved with seeing Alexis for the second time on Mars. It couldn’t be right, she was in Sanctuary. A man was standing there he looked over when they entered. Damien eyed him up finding something vaguely familiar about him but simply couldn’t place it. The office itself was defiantly made for a huge man. Everything made Damien feel like he was a little kid again or he’d just shrunk.  

  “Alpha Jones this is my brother Richard Harrow, an advisor in the Jupiter mining facilities.” Damien looked between the two brothers and came to the same conclusion every time; they looked nothing like each other. Alpha Zale was huge and Richard, well Richard was just scrawny in comparison. To be honest anyone would be scrawny compared to Alpha Zale. But that wasn’t the point, there was no way they were full brothers. There simply wasn’t, though to be fair Damien wasn’t paying that close of attention at the moment. His mind was still lingering on his worries over the uncertainty swirling in his mind. 

  “It’s an honor to meet you Alpha Harrow; I hear you’re on the fast track to taking over all of Earth.” Richard said like a power hungry bad guy. Damien looked up at that and gave Richard a question. Richard wasn’t looking at him his gaze was trained on his father who shook his hand and nodded. “It’s nice to meet you too, however I was told this would be a private meeting.” Damien’s father looked at Alpha Zale when Richard’s gaze finally slipped over to Damien.

  “Private?” Damien herd the quip of contradiction Richard was hinting at and so did his father. “He’s my son; he has a right to be here.”

  “Yes, and Richard here has a right as well, because it was his ship that landed on Earth.” Alpha Zale said which brought Damien and his father’s attention to a full. “Really,” Damien’s father asked eyeing Richard, “Might I ask what you were doing there, unannounced?” Damien shifted his weight and crossed his arms as Richard just stared at him.

  “You’re scent smells familiar.” Alpha Zale looked at Damien and nodded. “I thought so too.”

  “Don’t change the subject.” Damien’s father interrupted. “What were you doing on Earth?” Richard looked at Damien’s father and nodded, “Yes right, I was there to retrieve my brother’s daughter. A girl by the name of Eve, she’d been lost a birth and we’ve only just found her.” Damien froze at those words, “We’d been monitoring Earth’s births and death and only now did we find a pup that attended Sanctuary without a last name. We had to take a chance and act fast. We couldn’t afford to-” Damien cut him off, “Wait, the news broad cast said girls, as in plural. Do you have more than one daughter?” Damien asked the Alpha who shook his head.

  “No, I have just the one. Eve brought her bodyguard, some red pelt by the name of Alexis. She’s small but can really keep everyone at bay. I wouldn’t trust my daughter with anyone else.” He said with a nod. Damien backed up towards the door.

  “Damien?” His father said in that worried voice, after all they’d just had a conversation about him forgetting to take his meds. “I need to go, I need to find her.” He said. Richard and his father stepped toward him. “Damien you’re not allowed to wonder the hall alone.” His father said but Damien backed up towards the door.

  “She’s my mate, I need her.” Richard narrowed his eyes, “Listen to your father pup.” Damien looked at him and shook his head before bolting out of the room.

  “Damien!” His father shouted after him. “Damien, stop!” Damien ignored him as he headed for the last place he saw Alexis. It wasn’t long until he was a bit lost and Richard was on his tail with men following close behind. “Stop right there!”  He shouted out as Damien turned the corner and ran right into the person he was looking for. Someone yelped as they fell to the floor. She shoved him away and glared at him, her eyes were her wolf’s yellow for a moment before she blinked it away along with the glare, Alexis.

  “There he is!” Richard shouted, “Stop him!” Damien looked back as the wolves raised their guns and fired. What the hell were they firing for?! Damien twisted and covered Alexis. He felt the bullet hit him in the shoulder and pain burst out as the silver quickly started to eat away at his flesh. Someone screamed, he thinks maybe it was that Eve girl as the Beta grabbed her and used himself to shield her as Damien had done with Alexis. But he wasn’t sure the scream might have come from Alexis too, his ears were ringing from the noise and the pain was blurring his vision.

  “STOP!” The Alpha’s voice bellowed through the hall and the ringing sound of gun fire stopped. “That’s my daughter you’re firing at you dumb frix!” He shouted at the wolves with guns dropped to their knees begging for mercy like stupid morons. The Alpha went to Eve quickly to check on her. Damien panted out a few breaths and fell off Alexis next to her on the floor clutching his shoulder.

  He couldn’t help the groan of pain as rolled to his side. Blood was starting to pool under him and the look of complete horror on Alexis face made him cringe. She then looked down at her own shoulder in confusion and then back up to Damien.

   “Guys, he needs help.” Alexis said. Her voice shook with nerves as a few others dressed in healer attire joined them. Damien’s father chose then to push through the crowd “Damien!? Damien! Are you okay?” He rushed over and grabbed Damien another bout of pain blossomed through his shoulder from the movement and bit back the scream of pain. That’s when Alexis screamed and clutched her own shoulder. Damien’s heart skipped a beat, had she been shot too?

  “Alexis!” That Eve girl hurried to her side. “Where, Alexis where are you hurt?” She asked looking her over for gun shots. Alexis shook her head and moaned in pain dropping her head down and shaking her head again, “No…” She huffed out. “We need a healer!” Alpha Zale snapped and half the crowd scurried away to retrieve someone to help.

  The healer treated Damien ignoring the way he complained about the pain. They gave him some kind of shot and he was suddenly really happy even with the pain still there he just didn’t care. He watched as another healer looked over Alexis trying to figure out why she was complaining about pain if she wasn’t hurt.

  “Since the bullet was silver it’ll take a few days to heal.” The healer told him as she finished binding his wound. Damien nodded still watching Alexis. She was really here, sitting on the bed next to him watching the healer finish examining her. Damien ignored Richard and his father argue about the numerous crimes Damien had committed and the fact the wolves that fired were well within their right, they were protecting their pack.

  Alexis then looked over to him when the healer tending to her walked away. Her eyes flashed wolf yellow and Damien’s stomach twisted up with nerves as she just stared. But then out of nowhere she was standing in front of him and kissing him.

  He was okay with that.

~~~~

This is the half way point. Things are looking up and we're at the 50,000 words give or take a few thousand. This could very well be all I post to Wattpad but I'd like to know if anyone would like to read the other half of the novel. Comment and let me know <3