Four) Collide with the Past

Jamie and Alexis enjoyed each other’s company walking throughout the city and even going down to the holodeck for a run. They walked hand in hand and talked about what they thought their future was going to be like and how many pups they should have. Alexis ignored the way Fury recoiled at the mention of having pups with Jamie, in fact any wolf on that matter. She ignored the way something just wasn’t clicking in her heart and mind. This was right, she found her mate and life was going to be just fine from then on.

  Smiling lightly Alexis kissed Jamie’s cheek lightly, “Thank you for today.” She said though she’d meant to say she loved him. For some reason those words escaped her every time she tried saying them to Jamie they slipped away just out of reach.

  “I love you.” Jamie said. Alexis smiled as he gut twisted up in disgust. Disgust? The screen on the side of the building displaying the day’s news flashes to an outside story drawing Alexis’ attention. “The Son of the Darkest Sun Alpha returns early from Sanctuary a disgrace to his pack. Having wrecked the holodeck after reportedly forcing himself on a female already mated to someone else. Our sources tell us that he will most likely spend the rest of his life in prison.” Alexis frowned and shook her head.

  “N-no…That’s not what happened. I was there.” Jamie looked at her, “Of course you were there Lex.” Jamie takes a breath and swallows nothing. “You were the one he rapped.” Alexis looked at her mate blankly and was suddenly light headed again. She stumbled and grabbed onto Jamie for support. He held her rubbing her back, “It’s okay he can’t hurt you anymore. That monster has been locked away for good.” That’s not what happened.

  Alexis remembers it she was running through the holodeck with…with…Jamie but he had to leave because… one of his litter mates weren’t feeling good and he was worried. But then why did Alexis stay…? Right because she didn’t want to leave yet and promised to follow in a moment. It wasn’t her right yet to intervene in pack matters. Even if she was mated to Jamie it still didn’t feel right to follow him to a personal matter like that. But that’s not right…is it? She remembers running through the holodeck alone when she sees black and then…

  Alexis tightened her grip on Jamie’s arm as she recalls the horrors of what that wolf did. But no…that’s not right…it can’t be, can it? “I don’t feel good.” Alexis huffed out covering her mouth and shaking her head. Jamie nodded and put an arm around her. “Let’s get you back to your room.” An officer stops them and asks a few questions. After Jamie tells him about what’s going on the officer helps Jamie get Alexis to her room.

  Glancing over to the kind wolf she recognizes him, she’s been nice to her a few times before. He’s the one that found her in the elevator after…the rap. Alexis feels violated but for some reason she harbors no anger no true emotion swirled in that memory. None besides the compassion she felt for this officer for helping her back to her room, for that night and this one.

  The help her inside and Eve is there looking over at them curiously with worried eyes. “Lex?” Alexis waves her away and shakes her head. “Just feeling a little unwell, I’m fine.” She promised. Eve nodded and took her shooing her mate and the officer out and shutting the door against Jamie’s protests.

  “Come on let’s get you to bed.” Eve said Alexis looked over to the door and then back to Eve. “Why did you send Jamie away?” She asked.

  “Because you’re going to bed he doesn’t need to be here while you recover from your dizzy spell.” Alexis sighed and let Eve take her to her room without protest. Eve helped her get changed quietly and the over hovered by after Alexis was in bed.

  “You’re not pregnant are you?” Alexis looked at her and laughed. “Don’t be silly I’m a virgin.” Eve watched her quietly knowing full well that it wasn’t true because of… Alexis looked out the window, “No.” She said simply then turned away from Eve. “I’m not pregnant.” Eve said nothing for a moment longer.

  “Get some rest.” She seemed to have settled on that as she exited the room letting the door click shut softly behind her. Alexis lets out a slow sigh and just kept poking at those moments in the holodeck with that wolf, something was off but the more she kept poking the worse she felt. Alexis groaned and squeezed her eyes shut as well as balled her hands up into fists tightly. Her left hand hurt, she opened it and looked at the scars. What was she trying to remember?

~Play Song~

  Alexis dreams that night of a time long ago when humans still dominated the planet and polluted it with their smog and oil spills. She dreams of a pack living in a forest to hide from the humans as well as stay close to their ancestors. The pack territory takes up a part of a mountain with a natural hot spring where they keep a statue of the Moon Goddess, where they go to pray and decompress. Alexis knows this pack but she’s never seen the place before. Fury runs by then being chased by an older red pelt Alexis doesn’t recognize.

  Fury howls out in amusement until the other wolf catches her. Alexis watches as Fury whose younger then Alexis changes forms. Alexis expects it to be her but it isn’t. It’s a boy with red hair and freckles. Glaring at the woman who’s scolding him. Then everything changes, the pack Fury belongs to is welcoming another pack into its ranks the Beta of the pack Night is watching the boy that Fury is occupying with odd interest. The boy doesn’t seem interested as he stares off into the forest.

  The two Alpha’s greet each other or rather the Alpha of Fury’s pack’s mate is tackled by the Alpha of the other pack and it turns out that they know each other. Alexis isn’t sure how but she knows that the Alpha’s mate and the other Alpha were brothers, maybe that’s why they merged. It’s not rare for a thing like that to happen. The scene changes again and the boy Fury is in has grown older and is stalking prey when the Beta Night is in sneaks up to him. Just as the boy is about to pounce the Beta growls and scares him. Alexis watches as the Beta makes his claim on the boy as if ritualistic mating like Sanctuary wasn’t a thing.

  The notion of stating claim on a mate was foreign to Alexis but at one point if was part of how the wolf race worked. Being the red pelt that Fury is it’s obvious the boy tries rejecting Night. But something about this scene is so familiar Alexis can almost guess what happens after Fury tries to get away. Night takes advantage of him but doesn’t get that far he stops himself fighting his animal instincts and lets Fury go. But Alexis knows this didn’t end there.

  Suddenly moments in time where these two wolves interacted started flashing in front of Alexis right up until they’re both lying in bed together old and on their death bed waiting for their final breathes. Night touches a bite mark scar on the shoulder of Fury and Fury does the same to an identical mark on Night. Soul bonding, Alexis has heard of this before too. An unbreakable oath to stay together for all eternity even after death. They are reincarnated and are somehow destined to cross paths. What they do from there is all up to chance, if they don’t renew the marks on their shoulders then the bond is broken as if it never happened. But is doesn’t end there, even after the bond is broken the connection is still there the tug towards each other; after all it is an unbreakable oath.

  Fury stays with Night until the very end when their hearts stop beating together in the very same second. Alexis feels the pain of this moment as if she’d been there as if she’d seen every moment between these two. Watching as a show of dominance turned into mutual interest then into infatuation which bloomed into love.

  Alexis had been there for every moment of their perfect love story. Perfect in the sense it had its ups and down. They hated each other and then they loved each other. Perfect even when they left and thought they’d never look back. Perfect even when everything was against them. Perfect even when they decided not to have children. Perfect for every loving and hopelessly cheesy moment of love. Alexis was there.

~~~~

You just know there is going to be more heart ache, like I said scream in frustration lol Comment and vote you know I love them. Even if the song doesn't seem to fit it's absolutely perfect trust me there is practically no better song for this.