Three) Please Don't Forget

Shrugging off the fact Eve’s name was Eve and not Leona seemed like such a simple thing for the Alpha to do and accepted that Eve was his daughter and it didn’t matter what she called herself, blood was blood. But Alexis couldn’t let go this detail in the story, the card Eve was left with and the blanket that looked hand made with cheap materials. Everyone in the pack assumed Eve was a love child of some sort maybe a lone wolf had her and abandoned her since she knew Eve would be cared for better in the safety of a pack.

  The Alpha talked about Eve’s mother with fondness but explained that she wasn’t his mate, his mate had been male and she’d been a surrogate. His mate unfortunately had died not long after Eve’s kidnapping which led to depression and the paranoia that lead to the high security around Mars. He explained a lot of things Alexis had been hung up on since Richard showed up at their door.

  He explained why he sent Richard in covertly, Eve’s existence on Earth might lead to complications and he wanted to get her home before some power hungry pack tried taking Eve hostage and apologized for the scare. Eve warmed up to him instantly finding a lot in common with him. But something just didn’t seem right about all this and that thing was Richard. He’s been hovering close by since they arrived and that was two days ago. The day and night cycles are the same as on Earth give or take roughly forty minutes. The night is a little weird, when it hits eight the whole dome shuts down any light leaking through the gaps between the beehive buildings goes away and the glowing wires of the roads light up the city.

  The odd glow is unnerving and Alexis is finding she misses the mesmerizing glow of the stars, She misses that if she can’t sleep she would sit at her window and just watch the stars sometimes she’d see a shooting star and then slowly drift off to sleep lulled by the light wind and the twinkling stars. Alexis couldn’t do that here, there were no stars. Nothing reminded her of home; even the beds and food were different. The beds weren’t normal beds; no they had these weird hammock things that folded out at the push of a button. The food was strange, she’d been given an apple at one point and it was purple and tasted like kiwis. They called it a hybrid but Alexis doesn’t like kiwis. Eve is fascinated with everything the Alpha has to show her.

  The more time they spend there the less reluctant Eve is about everything and the less likely Alexis will ever breathe Earth’s air again. It’s depressing; she’ll never see her parents and they’ll never know what happened to her. The thoughts spiral on and on and soon Alexis is driving herself nuts with worry.

  “Lex,” Eve touched her shoulder bringing her out of her dark thoughts. Turning away from the window to look at her friend, she took in the silk robes Eve was wearing quietly. “What’s wrong?” Eve asked. Alexis looked back out the window hating the view.

  “Nothing, I just want to go home. The year is almost up and I need to return my pack with my mate. Jamie must be worried sick.” Alexis sighed and shook her head.

  “But you heard what Richard said about Sanctuary, it can’t be trusted.”

  “He can’t be trusted!” Alexis snapped, “He’s- He’s… I don’t know what he is but I and Fury don’t like him and I want to go home! I have an obligation to my family and my pack. You don’t understand because you belong here with your real family…” Alexis deflated at the thought of leaving Eve here alone and going back to a place without Eve, without her delta by her side. That thought broke her heart.