Two) Cupid Industries

~Play Song~

  Alexis is kept in a small square prison cell at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. She's got a hard cot to sleep on and a stainless steel bowl for a damn toilet. She wears light grey pajamas and is subjects to cold showers every other day. Two meals a day of supplement pills and a glass of water. The cell is deafening quiet and Alexis can walk the perimeter of it in twenty steps fiver for each wall. Alexis had walked the perimeter of that cell hundreds if not thousands of times.

  After weeks of sitting in the corner listening for any sound other than her breathing and heart beat Alexis is pretty sure she's starting to go mad. Fury is growing restless, and the only relief is when they drag her out of the cell and to that stupid room with Jamie to try yet again to imprint him. Alexis had been told that Jamie has already imprinted on her and keeps asking why she doesn't love him the way he loves her.

  Damien is raw in her mind every time the word love is brought up. Cupid Industries and Doctor Heart, which Alexis now knows that it's a copy and paste thing and all the 'doctors' here are called Doctor Heart. They talk and go on and on about manufacturing love but Alexis only see infatuation just like with her parent and with Col and Lilly. There was no love here, Alexis knew love and this wasn't it.

  "Now we're going to try this again." Doctor Heart said over the intercom. Alexis stared at Jamie who stared back. He was still restrained as well. This simply fact led Alexis to believe that Doctor Heart lied about Jamie's love for her. He stares back with those curious dark blue eyes of his while Doctor Heart starts up the machine again only to have Jamie replaced with Damien in the memories. After so long of this Alexis is forgetting what actually happened in Sanctuary. The memories their filling her head with feel so real, with every smile and brush of skin Alexis can feel Damien.

  It hurts, knowing he's out there and she'll never see him again. It hurts knowing that her parents don't have a damn clue that she's being subjected to this. It hurts knowing she was conceived in a loveless marriage and so had every damn wolf on Earth. But what hurts most of all is that Alexis can't do a damn thing about it.

  Alexis sits in her cell quietly going mad to the sound of her own heart. She stars at the door counting out the seconds which melt into minutes and then hours and soon Alexis can't tell if it's been weeks of months. They've stopped coming for her. She still gets food twice a day so she knows they haven't forgotten about her. But they stopped dragging her out of this place to shove her into that seat and watch another way she could have met Damien.

  Finding refuge in how they actually met was the only relief and grip on reality that Alexis had left. Every time she was shown a fake memory is was somewhere in Sanctuary but Alexis knows the first time she set eyes on Damien was on the ferry outside of the gates. She didn't need the stupid place to organize some stupid party for her to find him.

  More time stretches on and Alexis give up any hope that they'll ever come for her she's laying on her back staring up at the white ceiling wondering where Eve and Jacklyn might have ended up but she can't imagine that've faired any better. Either they're in the same place as Alexis or think they're in love with some guy they think they know. Alexis wonders if Eve is happy in her new home and if her 'mate' is treating her well. She wonders if Jacklyn got paired up with a subordinate male or a dominate one. Either way Alexis can't see Jacklyn loving him more than her collection of books back home. Alexis wonders what her parents are doing and if they miss her or if they're happy they've finally gotten rid of her.

  Taking an even and calming breath Alexis strains her ears again listening for any sound from the outside world. Boom, boom, boom; her heart crashes in her ears like a ticking time bomb; Boom, boom, boom. The sound drives her nuts and she wishes she could just rip it out and flush it down the toilet. Alexis sits up and starts to pace the short length of the room. Fury feels the anger and frustration rise up in her and squirms trying to keep it down. It doesn't help, Alexis lets it rise and take her over she lets the rage consume her and Fury. Soon the feeling of the feral wolf claw its way out twisted deep in her gut.