First: Conspiracies This Conspiracies That

Eve couldn't say she was surprised, well maybe a little, but only a little... Okay a lot. Seeing those two kissing, Alexis and some guy, it was confusing at first. She was mated with Jamie how could she think ever about kissing another guy? Then she was mad, HOW could those two be kissing? Alexis had a mate and it was not that guy!

   "Hey!" Eve shouted out. She had fully intended to give that sleaze bag a piece of her mind when Alpha Zale, her father, whose not her father, grabbed her arm.

   "Eve? Are you okay?" He asked and looked her over for injuries.

   "N-no I'm fine. Beta protected me, but there's something you should know." Eve said in a persistent voice, she needed to tell him about Richard killing his daughter and that she had never been his daughter. Alpha Zale sighed in relief and pulled her into a hug.

   "I'm so glad you're okay. I don't think I could bear to lose you again." He breathed out in relief. Eve bit her lip and gulped back anything she was going to say about his dead daughter and hugged him back. She couldn't do that to him. She couldn't say it. She knew what it felt like to feel alone in the world, for it to hurt deep down in her heart and to know that no one was there for her.

   Alpha Zale pulled away to look her over again and smiled lightly, satisfied with Eve's well-being. His attention then turned to Alexis and the man whore she was nuzzled up close with. Eve had planned on being angry but watching the two smile light stupid love struck idiots Eve couldn't bring herself to find the rage. She couldn't think of a time when Alexis and Jamie looked at each other that way. The sight before her was genuine, pure and somehow divine. It made what Alexis and Jamie had seemed so...wrong.

   It was then while Eve was lost in thought that Richard walked in. Eve's blood boiled then when she noticed that rat bastard. She was going to speak her mind this time she was going to yell and shout and let the whole world know what a monster he was. Then remember if she did the Alpha would find out she wasn't his. But Alpha Zale had to know what a traitor he was.

   She had to do something.

   "Richard what the hell do you think you were doing? Shooting at children!?" Alpha Zale scolded with a furiously sharp tone. Eve felt a bit of pride at the crisp anger that Richard totally deserved, more so then he was getting now, but Eve wasn't going to say anything.

   Eve watched for a moment later, enjoying the tongue lashing Richard was receiving when she noticed that boy and Alexis sneak off; slipping out of the door and out of the infirmary holding hands and smiling at each other.

   Eve decided to follow, there was no way some random rapist was going to brain wash her Delta. No sir-e-bob. She followed them down the empty halls to a private cubby off the side of the more main areas. Eve stopped just short and peeked around the corner at them. Alexis leaned against the wall and let that boy crowd in and pin her against it as they locked lips. The longer Eve watched this abomination the less it seemed like an abomination. The two standing there sharing what was supposed to be a private moment just seemed so... right. Eve's anger slipped away and she couldn't bear to break them up.

   Stepping away from her hiding spot and moving back towards the infirmary she noticed the Den mother that was in cahoots with Richard walking down the hall with the same group of children she'd been with when they first met. They passed Eve without acknowledging her existence. Eve pressed herself against the wall as they passed and remained quiet.

   "Eve." Alexis said making Eve jump and spin around to look at her and the boy whom she now remembers is named Damien. Alexis frowned and glanced over to where the Den mother had gone. "That was her wasn't it?" Eve nodded mutely and eyed up the boy holding Alexis' hand like Eve had done so many times before.

   "What's with the Den mother?" Damien asked. He moved a bit stiffly, clearly still suffering from the bullet wound.

   "Oh right," Alexis looked over to him and began to launch into an explanation when Eve stopped her.

   "Lex, what are you doing?" She hissed angrily. Alexis looked at her and frowned.

   "I was just going to say." Eve cut her off again. "I know what you were going to say, but to him? You don't even know him."

   "But I do.' Alexis smiled brightly, "Eve, he's my mate." Eve's mouth dropped open in shock as she stared dumbly at her childhood friend as if she'd never seen her before.

   "No, what about Jamie!?" Eve demanded.

   "I know, I know but it's not right. Jamie's not right." Alexis said as she looked over to Damien who clearly didn't like the sound of Alexis having another mate.

   "You bonded with him at Sanctuary. Jamie's your mate." Eve persisted. "Right?"

   "But that's just it. I mated with Damien outside of Sanctuary on the farriers the night we arrived." Alexis said. "I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. I don't know how to explain it." She bit her lip and looked down, "But I do know that something is off about Sanctuary." Eve sighed and crossed her arms.

   "What do you mean? Sanctuary is a safe place; it literally is a sanctuary, for all young wolves to find the person their meant to be with." Eve said.

   "But think about it for a moment." Alexis persisted. "How did wolves find their mates before Sanctuary? Werewolves have always been spread across the Earth, always. How did mates find each other then? Not to mention now Mars wolves don't participate in Sanctuary, what if the mates are born on different planets? Eve, think about it." Alexis said and took her hands tightly. Eve frowned and considered Alexis' words. What she said made sense, but it couldn't be true.

   Could it?

~~~~

Whelp seems like they've got even more on there plate then being stuck in the middle of an assassination plot.  So yeah comment and vote you know I love it. <3