Four) The Market Place Street

https://youtu.be/g8PrTzLaLHc  The morning sun was peeking over the watery horizon when Alexis rolled over and fell out of bed. Eve made a noise of protest from the bed and rolled over turning her back to Alexis who glared grumpily at her. She was taking up most of the bed stretched out star fish style with the sheets wrapped up around her. Alexis had the fluffy comforter; she'd dragged it down when she fell.

  With a sigh of defeat Alexis untangled herself from the comforter and headed into the bathroom. Alexis took a moment to stare into the mirror above the sink, her makeup was smeared and her hair was a mess of tangles, bobby pin and clips. She didn't think she'd ever be able to figure it out she'd have to employ Jackie to help out. So that's what she did, leaving a note for Eve so she didn't freak out if she woke up before she got back. Alexis headed down to Col and Jacklyn's room.

  Cautiously looking down the hall in both directions to find there wasn't anybody around. Alexis' first thought was that maybe she wasn't allowed outside but then remembered she was a morning person and the sun was just coming up and it had been a long night for everyone.

  She relaxed when Jacklyn opened the door labeled 543 and gave a sleepy smile then frowned. "You look like shit." She said in a groggy voice. Alexis surveyed the way Jackie's hair was done in a lazy braid and her face was clean of makeup.

  "I kind of went straight to bed, can you help?" She asked gesturing to her hair. Jackie gave an apprising look as she leaned on the door frame Col walked by behind her and stared for a moment before moving on when Alexis gave a glare with no heat behind it.

  "We might have to chop it off." Jackie said, Alexis gave a sigh and pushed past her and into an identical apartment as hers and Eve just a slightly different set up with the furniture and different colors too. Where Alexis' place had hues of green and blue as the main theme Jackie and Col's took on Earth tones of brown and pale orange.

  "Fine by me, just as long as you don't shave it all off," Alexis said as she flopped down on one of the three couches set up by the huge widow showing a complete view of Alpha Beat. The aqua blue had changed to sun rise colors of pink and purple. Jackie shut the door and headed into one of the rooms coming back moments later with a large silver case.

  "Check it out, I found this in the bathroom." Jackie said sitting next to her and showing off what was in the case. Makeup removal combs and basic hair and skin care products. Jackie handed Alexis a wet nap and motioned to her face.

  "Cool." Alexis said simply as she wiped her face cleaning of the makeup, she was never one for beauty up keep. She liked getting dirty and running around until she was blue in the face. Jackie shook her head and manhandled Alexis to sit in front of her on the floor and got to work. It was painful as Jackie yanked bobbing pins out and tried mangling her mane into submission.

  After what seemed hours of work Jackie gave out a defeated sigh and said, "I'm going to cut it now." She touched Alexis' shoulder as if she were telling her, her prized pet died or something.

  "Sure." Alexis responded as Col handed over a bowel of yogurt. "This place is stocked well huh?" Alexis mused as she took the food gratefully though wished he made a BLT or something with meat, a salmon would do. Lancing up to see Col's put off face she assumed he was thinking the same thing, meat would be awesome right now.

  Jackie began chopping out the stuck bobbing pins and yanking at knots with a comb. She was maybe half way done when someone pounded on the door. Alexis didn't jump she'd heard the rush of running feet and the pant long before they got to the door. Col got up and answered this time. Eve stood there panting out and holding up the note Alexis had left like an incriminating piece of evidence.