-Stress is a burden, you're not [Chapter 71]

Ashley’s POV:

“I don’t like this plot.”

Niall commented, his fingers running through my hair. By now I think he had smoothed out every possible tangle there was in my hair but he continued anyway. I tipped my head back further into is lap to look up at him; he was looking straight back down at me biting his lower lip.

“Why’s that?”

I asked and he shrugged leaning down closer to me.

“Maybe because it reminds of me of what happened in Hawaii. You lost your memory, she lost her memory. I don’t like it.”

He told me leaning further down so his face was becoming just inches away from mine.

“It’s not really the same though, is it? I mean she lost her memory through a car crash and has got amnesia. I lost it for a few hours.”

“I just don’t like it.”

He concluded his lips now brushing mine. I smiled tipping my head back further letting his lips descend onto mine kissing me slowly.

“We can turn it off if you want to.”

I offered pulling away. He sat back up still continuing to run his fingers through my hair.

“I’d like that.”

I smiled sitting up and crawling on all fours the distance to the DVD player and switching it off. The light from the TV now absent the room was completely dark so when a piece of popcorn invaded my personal space I didn’t know where he was to attack.

“Niall.”

I hissed getting no response. He wasn’t going to give away where abouts in the room he was.

“I will find the light switch.”

I informed him carefully standing up and shakily grabbing onto the cabinet. Before I even located the wall he wrapped a strong arm around my waist and secured it on my stomach switching on the lamp as he pulled me onto the bed with him.

“How the hell did you know I was there? It’s pitch black.”

I said in a puzzled tone. He chuckled grabbing my legs at my knees and pulling me onto his lap with ease as my legs slipped either side of his waist.

“I eat a lot of carrots, thanks to Louis. Which reminds me…” He said prodding my stomach again. “Yep still a whole lot of room in there.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Just kiss me already?”

“Eat this and we’ll see.”

So this is how it’s going to be. Damn he’s smart. He opened a small bar of galacy and broke off a piece slipping it between my lips and letting it melt on my tongue before I chewed it a bit and swallowed it down. It was nice. He slipped another one into my mouth and I done the same. Satisfied that he had got me to eat the whole bar he smiled resting his forehead against mine.

“I’m so clever.”

He mused and I rolled my eyes again.

“Don’t go thinking I didn’t realise that was a win-win for you.”

I giggled.

“Oh, I thought you hadn’t noticed. Oh well, just kiss me now.”

He commanded and I smiled letting my lips brush his a few times retracting slightly every time he was about to begin kissing me, on the fourth time I gave in and kissed him back hungrily. I could feel him smirking into the kiss about the fact that I had given in. He raised his hands from my bum to my shoulders gently pushing me down onto the bed slowly positioning himself on top of me before rolling us over so I was on top. His hands travelled down my sides and rested on my bum again. After letting it linger for a few more seconds I pulled away when he was least expecting it and rolled off of him.