-Stay with me [Chapter 3]

After the announcement that he was going to see an old friend Zayn left not failing to send me a cheeky wink and that smile before he did. I smirked to myself as he did so. Currently I was watching Louis and Liam throwing a rugby ball between them; it had already gone over the fence twice and involved a trip to the pond to retrieve it.

After many debates with my sister on music choice we had settled with none after I had resorted to another whacking of her docking station when it had begun to blare some scratchy metal track that quite frankly hurt my ears. Louis had offered to sing, I refused his offer. Despite the reason they were actually here, I was determined to avoid all conversation about their band or music. I would most likely slip in some sort of remark that could be taken in offence on my thoughts on the dishevel of what music has become, and that wouldn’t be a very good scenario. Even if I was itching to vent my thoughts to someone, but that wasn’t seeming likely. So I was resorting to silence and talking when necessary, laughing on cue, and smiling when I was smiled at. I just needed to get through this one night and then hopefully; I wouldn’t have to see them again. But even I had to admit, they were growing on me.

Niall turned to me a smile lurking across his lips as he offered it to me, I belittled mine as it mirrored his as I ran my gaze across the garden. Ellie was talking to Harry again, poor Harry.

“Zayn won’t be back later. His ‘old friend’ will be some girl. That’s probably not so old, they’ll be at it all night, trust me.”

He chuckled I slid my gaze to his and let a small bubble of laughter escape my lips. It wasn’t that I was refusing all conversation or terms of friendship, I didn’t want to come across as unsociable. I was just still quite annoyed that my afternoon at the beach was ruined in all honesty. Niall’s remark didn’t exactly surprise me, Zayn seemed like that type of guy, not that it was my business. But I wasn’t going to refuse light conversational teasing about it either; I didn’t think he would mind. Maybe even be proud.

“Ah, player then?”

I smirked. It was not exactly my business, neither did I care, I was just interested. If these boys were supposedly making teenage girls melt then I was partially interested to find out what exactly it was about them that did.

“Sometimes. He’s just having fun, I suppose. But sometimes it’s wise to not take what he says too seriously, why? You interested in him?”

I almost laughed at that. Me, interested in Zayn? That’d be a funny scenario. Plus an impossible one. He was completely not my type, not because he was a player or whatever he was, or that he was some A list celeb. He was just…A little too good looking? In a way, I kind of preferred cute boys to extremely good looking ones. It had always been a weakness of mine. I ran my fingers across the smooth plastic of the deck chair deciding it’d be quite amusing to drag my answer out as if I was seriously interested in Zayn, which there was no way I was, or probably ever would be.

“No, I’m just nosy. Like earlier, when I learnt your names.”

He smiled. I liked his smile, it was cute, it wasn’t perfect. But imperfection had always been something I’d found attractive on boys. Even if I found it ugly on myself, I found it cute on boys.

“You’re not as much of a fan as your sister over then?”

He inquired nodding in the direction of Ellie and Harry who were laughing at something as they sipped drinks. I shrugged, the answer was no. I wasn’t going to be rude about it, but in all reality I had them pinned as this conceded boy band who were famous for not a lot of reasons and had fame go to their heads. It was a shallow and narrow opinion, and an unfair assumption to make. But nobody said I always judged people perfectly.