-Surprise visits and plans [Chapter 67]

Ashley's POV:

“Ashley wake up love”

My mother’s voice cooed near my ear. Pulling the covers tighter around me I drew in a breath before forcing my lids open to look up at her. She was just looking at me a small smile playing on her thin and perfectly lip-sticked lips with her hands on her hips.

“What time is it?”

I groaned rolling over but still balling up the covers in my fist and bringing them to my chin.

“Eleven and you have to be at the studio in two hours so I suggest you hurry up since you have to go and pick up your phone on the way don’t you? And when are you planning on having lunch? You have to eat darling you haven’t been doing an awful lot of that lately, have you?”

So many questions and I’ve only just woken up. Calm it women a girl needs her sleep especially when I’m jet-lagged like this, well I’m not really anymore but it’s a valid excuse for now isn’t it?

“Does it have to be? Can’t I just stay in bed longer?”

I moaned ignoring her last two questions which were ironically about the thing I hated discussing, eating habits.

“No you cannot. Oh and Niall called about an hour ago I told him you were asleep and I could wake you up because you had to be up soon anyway but he didn’t want to wake you so you just call him back when you’re ready.”

I nodded pulling a pillow over my face to shield my eyes from the light as she had now whipped the curtains open in an attempt to drag me from my bed. This information about Niall had somewhat motivated me but I was still lacking in motivation to venture into town and back to my studio today.

“He did? What did he say?”

She gave me a tired look and I could tell by the way she was dressed and her make-up was done she must have been planning to go somewhere with my father, appearance, contract signing, meeting, conference irrelevant I didn’t really care. I knew it was going to be like this, them always working and it didn’t faze me anymore when they barely made it home for dinner anymore. I’ll just hang with Niall and the guys if they’re not busy, and Mallory if they are, no big deal.

“I don’t know your father answered it and he’s waiting for me so we can go for a conference on the other side of town so we don’t have time to dilly dally on it now really. Remember you’re finding about New York in a few weeks aren’t you? Just keep that in mind sweetie. Look I’ve gotta run but whatever you do you better not be late for your phone because you know what they’re like down there ever since I complained, let’s not re-visit that. We’ll be back in time for dinner if not we’ll call you, alright?”

“Urgh yes okay. I don’t know where I’ll be so I guess I’ll call you too.”

“Where you will be Ashley Jessica Dawson is not late for your phone picking up or your studio time, even though that doesn’t really matter but okay. See you later and have a good day. Oh and by the way you’re memory sticks on the counter, you need to generate all the shots on there, there’s a good few hundred and you’ll have to edit as well so I imagine you’ll be there for a while.”

I said nothing back to that as she hastily kissed my cheek and scurried off. I watched and listened as her heels clicked against the pavement and she slid into the car that I could only assume my father was in too and sped off down the road. Officially alone. I was so wrong.

“So I heard the boyfriend called? Awh.”

Her teasing tone came followed by her appearing in the doorway smiling at me as I lay still in bed. I sat up throwing back the covers and running a hand through my messed up hair.