-Burning the past [Chapter 58]

Ashley's POV:

Standing here now just looking at him was cringe worthy as I remembered everything he had done to me, all the tears and confidence fall he created and to think that hours before all of that began we held a civil conversation, a nice conversation and worst of all, even a kiss.

I still remember those minutes at his flat where he kissed me forcing it all into rape, how his kisses were so different to how I found Niall’s to be later on, how hungry and harsh they were, that sent shivers down through my bones. Thinking about all that again.

He was still smirking at us, I somehow didn’t have the will power to speak to him yet and thankfully Niall did.

“What the hell’s that supposed to mean?”

Niall spat tightening his grip around me even more stepping in front of me slightly.

“What’s it supposed to mean? Is it not clear? That the petty girl here is still crawling back to you after everything, but by the way babe, you’re even prettier then I remember”

“Everything? Really? You do that to her and you have the nerves to speak of it like it’s nothing? Just back the fuck off and stay away alright? Because nobody’s gonna want you if you’re gonna be like that and we certainly don’t want you, so leave her alone and if you have a problem come and speak to me but leave Ashley alone”

Niall retorted bluntly Owen was somewhat taken aback by this, shoving his hands into his pockets and scoffing at us.

“Pfft, whatever you don’t scare me”

His words didn’t correspond to how he looked in his eyes but I didn’t comment not wanting this to go any further however much it needed to, he gave me a once over and with a smirk he sauntered back off and out the gates, yeah, he wasn’t here to watch the game.

“That’s what I thought”

Niall muttered as we watched Owen disappear into the distance, then Niall turned to me loosening his grip and pulling me so my body was pressed to his as he looked down at me.

“I told you. He’s only out to cause trouble Ash…although I have no idea why it’s not like you’ve done anything to him”

Niall mumbled as I connected my arms around his waist in a hug resting my head on his chest.

“I love you”

I breathed as I took in his scent, I felt him smile as he rested his chin over my shoulder his voice muffled against the materiel of my top.

“I love you too”

He replied in routine lifting his head to press a kiss to my forehead.

-

After a rowdy ride home I was to say the least, exhausted, but somehow Niall found the words to persuade me to come down to the beach with them. Louis’ words not mine ‘To create some freaking heat on that sand down there, we’re gonna fuck shit up’ Intrigued but also slightly worried as to what exactly this meant I agreed to go pulling on a hoodie over my tank top now that the temperature had dropped slightly, hoodies and shorts was strangely something I hadn’t worn together in a while.

Stuffing my hands deep into the pocket I flicked my bangs from my face as I approached Niall taking his extended hand as he led me down to the beach trailing behind the others.

“Ready to fuck shit up?”

He asked me quietly into my ear smiling as he said this shrugging I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear with my free hand.