-I want to be happy with what I see, genuinely happy [Chapter 25]

Ashley's POV:

“I don’t know”

I said barely a whisper.

“Do you miss him now?”

It was like she could read my thoughts.

“Yes”

I replied.

“Would you cry and be extremely upset if he was to leave you today?”

“Of course”

She nodded.

“Do I love him?”

I asked, stupid question, stupid, stupid question.

“I don’t know, only you know that. You need to talk to him first Ash, get his thoughts on things. Maybe you can work something out”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know. I don’t know everything. I don’t know exactly how your relationship works, do I?”

She snapped as I realised I was probably being annoying so I shut up.

“What exactly are you gonna say?”

I shrugged pulling my knees to my chest.

“The truth”

The truth. Such a smile phrase, 2 words, 2 syllables, 8 letters. It should be easy to tell the truth all the time but when the something called a lie comes along, or as I like to call it; a substitution to the truth the tables turn massively. Suddenly when you get the motivation to substitute the truth so many options open up, you can make what you’re about to say anything you like, easier, harder, longer, shorter, better or worse. If it was supposed to be so simple then why hadn’t I ever managed to meet somebody where I told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Obviously some people in my life it’s a whole load easier to lie to than others, somebody I don’t particularly like or aren’t that close to its seemingly easy to lie to them, sure I may feel a bit guilty afterwards but then along with the lie everything is forgotten. My Mum; No Mum, of course I’m not trying to lose weight, no there is no reason why I have decided to completely change the person I am overnight. My Dad; No Dad I was most defiantly not with that boy last night, I saw Faye, that’s all. Ellie; Of course I’m not jealous of you, and no I don’t have a boyfriend it wouldn’t be any of your business anyway.

These lies would stick with me for a while but considering they weren’t huge ones they didn’t bother me too much. However when I lied to somebody like Faye or Niall it wouldn’t go down so well. I hated lying to Niall and keeping things from him, since as far as I know he tells me everything it seemed so un-fair of me to keep things from him especially big things which is why I’m coming clean today.

Time passed and heart rate after heart rate reading finally took its toll and I came to realise how un-fit I was. I decided to make it my priority to get my fitness back up, eat healthier and tone up just in time for summer. I would make myself a plan and stick to it however hard it got, a fitness and diet plan I knew I would get there because the one thing I like about myself is that I’m dedicated, if I want something then I will find a way of getting it and I know that I won’t rest until I get my ideal fitness level and body. Sure Niall will have something to say but I don’t think he understands how much I want this, to just feel confident for once, to actually look in the mirror and think hey I’m pretty and have a nice body and know its true, I can’t wait for that day, if it ever comes.

Faye was going to come round around three and then we were going to go out, wherever Harry was planning on going but I kinda wanted to tell Niall before then.