-Stolen Relationships [Chapter 69]

Ashley’s POV:

“Niall can I ask you something?”

I said with hesitation as I sat on his bed leaning against the wall watching him chuck various clothes about as he searched for the polo top he wanted to wear for rehearsals. It had been a few days since our date and my encounter with Chelsea in the cinema toilets. I know that Niall loves me and I probably shouldn’t be worried but I couldn’t help but let her words play in my mind these past few days and I just need some re-assurance that I’m not getting myself worked up about nothing.

“Sure, shoot.”

He said casually as he knocked an empty water bottle off his cupboard. This was strangely the first time I had been back at this house since I moved back out and into my house, even though I was re-assured greatly by the boys that this was my home too, here. We don’t always get a lot of time to hang out anymore, me and all of the boys because when they’re not busy with rehearsals or whatever then I’m busy at the studio or being forced by my Mother to do more designs to send over to New York to get them more and more interested in hiring me. I’ve tried on several occasions to tell my mother that it’s not what I want, to move to New York. I mean it’s a wonderful place and I’ve always sort of dreamed of living somewhere like that someday but I can’t leave Niall, I just can’t stand my Mum, she’s really quite heartless when it comes to this and I don’t think she realises really how much this boy means to me.

“Do you…Do you still speak to Chelsea sometimes?”

This caught his attention and he snapped his gaze to mine instantly confusion filling his expression. I hoped the answer was going to be a no because even though he can talk to who he wants and I respect that I have a feeling that Chelsea want to do more than just talk to Niall.

“Chelsea? No, not since that time we saw her at the mall. Why?”

“No reason.”

I lied back fiddling with the covers of the bed and avoiding his eye because he would be able to tell there was something more to this.

“Yes there is now come on tell me. I want to know if something’s bothering you.”

He said now beside me and had his arms around me making it all the more harder for me to brush off what I started. Sighing I gave in.

“You know the other night when we went to watch Scream and stuff and then when I went to the toilet…”

I looked up at him to see if he was smirking or had anything teasing about this but he didn’t he just nodded at me in encouragement to continue.

“Yeah well she was in there and she said some stuff…”

“She was? Oh well what did she say? She didn’t hurt you did she?”

I lifted my gaze to meet his and he was just staring at me waiting for my reply to that.

“No she didn’t hurt me. She didn’t say that much, she just said some stuff about how I had to stay away from you and things like that…”

“Oh she did, did she? Don’t worry love I’ll have a word.”

“No, it’s fine.”

I said back instantly and he raised his eye-brows at me.

“No, if she’s talking shit to you I’m gonna sort it out. Did she say anything else?”

Sighing I decided I might as well tell the whole truth. He’s not going to let this go now.

“Fine. She was just saying all this crap about how you don’t really love me and that you’re using me and that pretty soon you’ll come to your senses and go back to her once you get bored of me.”