-Colour my heart [Chapter 55]

Ashley’s POV:

“Shut up seriously.”

I giggled as I dipped my paintbrush into the pot of blue paint and smothered the plain wall in it spreading the bristles out across the blank wall. It was a typical July summer’s day, hot and humid the sun cooking off any signs of night time by five this morning and now I was just here painting the spare room with Niall. We had got permission or rather a demand from Harry to paint this room however the hell we wanted since they were setting it up to be a kind of party room, it was a huge room, kind of resembled a ball room to me just not as posh and fancy with mine and Niall’s DIY painting.

“No, it’s true, you shut up!”

He protested glancing over at me from about 10 meters away. He was trying to tell me that Louis and Zayn never shut up about how they think ‘my bum is fit’ this is rather disturbing.

“I’m no longer taking part in this conversation.”

I said bluntly deciding that I didn’t want to use this paintbrush anymore I chucked it behind me aimlessly. This didn’t matter because the whole room was laid out with a sheet to protect Liam’s oh so precious new and clean flooring.

“Whatever, you just wait until you hear it for yourself, then you’ll believe me.”

“One day, Niall.”

I began and he raised his eye-brows as he waited for me to continue.

“I will prove you wrong about something.”

“Something.”

He repeated as if saying this word would make it all become clearer.

“And what might this something be?”

“I guess we’ll find out when we get there, won’t we?”

“Maybe, if we ever do.”

I shot him a look and he just smiled going back to painting his wall a similar shade of blue to the one I was painting.

“Are those paintbrushes better?”

He asked stopping painting and watching me as he waited for the reply.

“I don’t know, try.”

I said as if it was obvious and he was stupid.

“Okay.”

He shrugged then lifting the paintbrush into the air and before I could say anything hurtling it across the room without even watching where it was going as he turfed through the box looking for another brush. It hit the ladder that was near me and all the paint that was left hanging in the bristles was no more as it splattered down my top and in my hair.

“Niall!”

I gasped and he turned around confused at what I wanted, his face falling then bursting out into laughter as his eyes fell upon me. I just stood there my hands hanging limp in front of me mouth open as I took in my now paint splattered self as he continued to laugh.

“Fine.”

I said looking back up at him and sauntering slowly forwards calmly then bending down and picking up a paintbrush. He watched me his laughter now sobered up as I bent down scooping up the thick pink paint into the brush and hurtled it towards him, my aim clearly being fantastic it covered his white t-shirt and freckled his shoes. He looked down at himself then a smile curling at his lips as his eyes met with mine and soon enough we were in a full on paint war.

Maybe the fact that we were both wearing white meant that we already all along had this planned but actually we had not spoken of a paint fight and it had not been mentioned or hinted at once until now.