-Mixing blood and tears [Chapter 10]

Ashley's POV:

A few weeks later I was finally dis-charged with crutches, a broken ankle, I got away lightly, very lightly. Now that I was finally almost recovered physically I knew that this wasn’t going to be over. There had to be some sort of investigation into who pushed me, why I fell you know that sort of thing.

Ellie came downstairs with a towel wrapped around her head from just having got out of the shower, with no make-up and some Hollister joggers and a Jack Wills t-shirt on she still looked beautiful, she looked at me and smiled sadly sitting across from me. The boys were rehearsing until 5 today so were at the house alone.

“Heard anything from this Owen guy?”

I shook my head.

“Do you think it could have been him?”

She asked carefully. I thought for a moment then shook my head.

“No, sure he was there, but I don’t think it would have been him, what would have been his motives? I hardly know him and he hardly knows me”

She looked to the ground fiddling with the tie on her joggers.

“Well, you never know, just because you don’t know him doesn’t mean he doesn’t know you”

It was if she was trying to make out that it was him, why?

“Ellie, do you know something?”

She bit her lip remaining silent, she does know something.

I raised an eye-brow as she looked up at me worried.

“I don’t wanna scare you but…John, he was here”

I think my heart stopped beating for a second then, John. John is my auntie’s husband, well ex. I’m convinced he drowned her, was he back to do the same to me? That sent chills down my spine, something was never right about that man, and what did he have against me? I suppose I was one of the closest people to my auntie, I’m the one who was determined to prove it was him but then he disappeared, ran away and now he’s back, out to kill anyone who could ever think it was him.

“What? Ellie how long have you known this?”

“2 weeks?”

She almost whispered.

“Why didn’t you tell me? How do you know anyway?”

“You were still recovering and I didn’t think you’d need that then, Mum told me, she still doesn’t know about you by the way”

“She still doesn’t know?!”

“If she does then she’ll come home, we won’t be allowed to stay here or for that matter ever aloud out on our own, don’t you see what I’m trying to do Ash?!”

She did have a point, I could tell how much she wanted to stay here with the boys and we practically have no social life if they found out but we can’t hide this forever.

“We’ll just have to see, I don’t know Ellie, it doesn’t seem right lying like that”

“It’s not lying; it’s more like not exposing the whole truth”

I shrugged I couldn’t be bothered to argue anymore.

“Come on, you’re not just going to sit around all day again, I’m taking you shopping”

She grabbed my hand pulling me up to a sitting position.

“You know I’m not good on my crutches”

“Then all the more practice”

I sighed grabbing my crutches as I limped to the stairs as Ellie helped me up. I changed into some shorts, top and assorted jewellery, Ellie done my make-up trying her best to cover up the now almost gone bruises and cuts.