-Wake up and realise reality [Chapter 47]

“I DON’T FUCKING CARE! I NEED TO SEE HER!”

Silence.

“NO! Why won’t you let me see her?! What’s wrong with her? Why won’t you tell me?!”

This voice was now weaker and I could tell that they were crying, anger and tears were mixing in this person’s voice and it was not pretty.

More silence.

Then a massive bang.

Then I realised who’s voice that was, Niall’s. Is he talking about me? Why would he be talking about me? There is nothing wrong with me, where am I anyway? Why won’t my eyes open?

“Liam what’s wrong with her? Why won’t they tell me?! I need to fucking see her!”

Niall continued his pleas. But although it was obvious he was being replied to it was only his voice I could hear aside from various other noises he was the only noise that I registered.

“Harry? You should know what’s wrong with her, do you?!”

Again, silence.

Then.

“That’s it! I don’t care about your shit load of rules, I’m going to see my girlfriend, I’m going to see Ashley and you will not stop me!”

He’s coming to see me?

Senses were redeeming themselves. My head hurt, like really bad, it was pounding in fact.

I’ve missed his voice. Wait, missed his voice? Where did he even go, actually where did I go? How can I remember that? So many questions yet, it’s all still so black.

“Ash?!”

His voice was closer, he was closer, I could feel it. His hand touched mine, now I can feel. I guess it’s improving. Whatever ‘it’ is.

I moved my tongue pressing it against my lips but they seemed to refuse to part.

“Ashley? Please speak to me! Do something, please”

“Niall mate, just calm down, she is breathing”

It was Harry. Of course I am breathing. Everyone’s so panicked.

“How can I calm down? Sure she is breathing now, but how I am I supposed to know for how much longer if they won’t tell me jack shit?!”

“Maybe they’re withholding information for a reason…”

“What type of reason makes it right for them to not tell me what is wrong with my girlfriend?! I just want her back Harry…why won’t she come back?!”

I’m right here. I wanted to say but somehow I couldn’t find the words.

“I don’t know Niall. It’ll be okay, Ashley’s strong, she’s been through so much more before, she’ll pull through, and you know that, right? I’ll leave you alone with her, just please calm down Nialler”

More crying. Footsteps, door shutting, shouting, silence.

“Ashley, please just wake up. You’ll be okay, won’t you? Please. Ash, I don’t know how I would live without you, I couldn’t, I couldn’t possibly. Please, just for me. I love you Ash”

His voice was calmer yet the tears were still clear. I wanted so badly to tell him that I was okay, that I was still here and that I loved him too but somehow the power to speak just wasn’t there, why not? What has changed since our last encounter? Which coincidentally I cannot remember either.