Chapter 51 - Dazed

Chapter 51 - Dazed

Blackness. That was all that had surrounded me. Numb. Nothing but black, mind numbing, nothingness. I was drifting in and out of consciousness. Every now and then I would hear snippets of conversations. Words that sent me into a daze of confusion. Where the hell was I? Why couldn't I move? Why couldn't I speak? Why couldn't I see anything? Was I actually dead?

My dreams were extremely vague, sometimes I'd see just pictures of Will, of Ashton, of Summer, my grandma, just very faint pictures. Times that we'd spent together, times that had warmed my heart. I was sure by now that I had been in this agonising state for days on end, not knowing how to escape it. I felt trapped, I felt alone, I felt claustrophobic. Yet I was so confused and so far from consciousness that I had wondered if I was ever coming back.

"Will...need to feed...you can't keep...I know you don't...leave her side..."

More blackness.

More Will.

More confusion.

Dead. I must be dead.

"I love you Miranda. Please don't leave me. Please."

"Ashton? Um, can I have some time alone, with her?"

"Yeah, sorry man. I've finally gotten the strength to walk and I just wanted to be by her side. Please don't be long."

Footsteps. Door shutting. Pressure on the side of the bed.

"Miranda? I'm hoping that you can somehow still hear me. I love you, please don't ever forget that. Ashton he, well, he still thinks you two are together. No one has had the heart to tell him yet. But I just, I can't keep this up for much longer. And I need you to come back. I can't possibly continue my life without you in it. You mean the world to me. If it wasn't for that stupid mistake of leaving you there, alone in the forest, I'm so damn sure we'd be together by now, officially."

A deep breath in, a deep breath out.

"I know you probably can't hear me but, Miranda, I want you to be my girlfriend. I want so much more with you. I want...I want to tell you everything. About me. About what it will mean if, well, if we were going to be together, forever."

It was Will. He was by my side. He was here. I could hear him. I just needed to find a way, to connect with him, to respond to him. Come on mouth, open, eyes, open, I need to see his gorgeous face...

"W...W-Will..." I whispered, ever so faintly. Yes! I'm alive!

"Oh my god. Miranda?!" He immediately stood up and shuffled closer to me. I felt the electric spark the second his skin made contact with mine, brushing the hair out of my face and cupping my cheeks.

"Miranda?" He frantically whispered. I could feel his eyes burning into me, although mine weren't open yet. And I tried so desperately hard to muster up the energy to open them, I had to see him, his beautiful angelic face. I mentally laughed at that thought though, he was far from angelic, he was a vampire for crying out loud.

My eyelids began to regain strength and I pushed and pushed until a faint bit of light began to flood my view. I finally pulled my eyes open to reveal to me the most amazing looking face that I had ever seen. Well, I had seen it before, but this was like seeing it all over again.

"Will..." I whispered again, noticing the massive grin stretching across his breathtaking face. He began to stroke my cheek so gently, that it had managed to give me goose bumps, even in the state that I was in.

"I can't believe this..." He whispered in disbelief, a tear having formed in the corner of his eye. It completely and utterly warmed my heart to see him so emotional, over me. And just seeing his face was what had given me the strength to form a very faint smile on my face. Will jumped up onto the bed, being careful of my fragile body, and took me into his embrace, wrapping his arms around me, squeezing me tight.