Chapter 19 - Astonished

I slowly began to feel an intense headache creeping up into my head. I was surrounded by darkness, everything was black. I was beginning to think that perhaps I was dead, but then realised that I was lying down, on something soft. I wriggled ever so slightly but stopped in my tracks the second I felt another intense pain, this time shooting through my neck. I had no idea what was happening, and was too frightened to open my eyes just yet.

But hold on, my neck, which had been...BITTEN?! When I was...oh god. Sebastian. That hot bar boy! Wow, I must have been dead. I took in a deep breath and decided that I may as well open my eyes and absorb in wherever the hell I was, or heaven, or whatever realm had devoured my soul after death.

As I slowly began prying them open, I immediately noticed that I was in a dark room. There was an ever so faint light forming at the sides of the curtains to the window of the room which I was lying in. As I continued to open them, I noticed that I was lying on a black silk covered bed. The walls were a deep crimson red colour, and the bed I was lying in was made of dark wood, to match the surrounding furniture. I'd almost felt as if I'd seen this room before...yep. So hell looked somewhat like Will's room, I thought, not completely surprised by this realisation.

I suddenly snapped my head over to the door which was now starting to creek open. My heart beat frantically picked up its pace to a million beats a minute. I scarcely glared at the doorway, almost dreading and anticipating for who, or what for that matter, was going to walk through.

My hysterically beating heart suddenly stopped in its tracks the exact moment that my eyes had set onto those intensely sparkling sapphire ones, staring right back at me, staring right into mine. He walked through the door way fairly casually, and gently clicked the door behind him. He slowly made his way towards me on the bed, seemingly un-phased by my gobsmacked expression. He almost looked frustrated, angry, tired, as though he hadn't slept in days, or more even. He sat down on the bed next to me, breaking our eye contact, now staring down at my neck.

I tried to sit up but realised just how hard that was. The second I tried to move I let out a slight yelp, and Will reached out to gently push me back down. I squeezed my eyes tightly for just a moment, in hope that it would help the pain in my neck subside just a little bit. I opened them again, only to meet Will's intoxicating gaze.

"Will, do you wanna tell me what the hell is going on?!" I chocked out, barely able to form the words coming out of my mouth, due to my neck injury.

"Calm down Miranda, you're only going to make it worse." He replied, still appearing frustrated.

"Well do you have some of that tea or something, that seemed to help last time." I muttered frustratingly. Will just took a deep breath in, in response, then turned his gaze back to meet mine.

"Sorry, not this time, no." He replied.

"Well do you want to explain how the hell I ended up here? The last thing I remember I was k-, I was, walking home from Fantasia on Saturday night, and I was..." Oh crap. I'd almost blurted out that I'd picked up a random guy, snogged him in the alley, and almost gotten killed because he turned out to be a rogue vampire trying to suck me dry...

"Yeah I saw him. I wish I'd killed him. I hate that vampire more than any other living being on this entire earth. Sebastian doesn't deserve to be alive. I don't know what the hell he thinks he's playing at going after you..." He trailed off, having to stop almost before he exploded with anger. He was so tense, so passionate about hating this vampire. His fists and jaw were clenched at the very mention of his name.

"Hold on. You know Sebastian?! And what were you doing there anyway, again, after I hadn't seen you for a whole week? How is it that you keep turning up to save me..." My voice became weaker, completely baffled. Will just sat there, staring deeply into my eyes, as if he wanted to tell me something. I had a vibe that this wasn't going to be good. Similar to the vibe that I had on Saturday when Joel had brought me to that contemptible beach.