Chapter 10 - Reckless

I woke up Saturday morning feeling refreshed and rather excited for the coming night. There was a slight anxious vibe threatening my nerves that morning, warning me to be cautious. I had an inclination that it had something to do with the reaction that brewed between Will and Joel yesterday when I'd introduced them. It was very peculiar that they both acted like a pair of territorial animals ready to pounce. I didn't want to think about it any longer, so pulled myself out of bed ready to face a day of cleaning, cooking, and setting up decorations.

I didn't have that much to do but preferred to get it done first thing in the morning so that I had time to get ready myself and then relax before Will arrived at five.

I spent the first hour or so perfecting my apartment; I had to admit that I was a little bit of a clean freak so things like dusting, vacuuming and mopping regularly, weren't out of the ordinary for me.

I rummaged through my boxes of stuff from moving house, and found some fairy lights and bunting flags and spent about half an hour setting those up. I prepared some of the finger food and made up some pre-mix frozen cocktails, a punch bowl, and an esky for beers and ciders.

Once everything was done and ready to pretty much take out of the fridge, I decided to go and get ready myself, as it was nearing on 3PM. I took a long, soothing shower, before applying some self-spray on tan so that I didn't look like a complete white ghost if I had to inevitably get into my swim suit.

I'd spent a little more time than usual doing my make-up, knowing that it was a party that two of the hottest men I'd ever met would be attending, one of which I had already pashed and undoubtedly had a bit of a crush on. I applied eyeliner, curled my lashes, applied thick mascara, mineral foundation, blush, bright red lipstick, and a touch of glitter eye shadow. I left my hair in its natural wave, but teased it up a bit to give it some volume.

Now it was time for the single most important decision I was going to make all day – what to wear. I could either go with the 'easy access to my swimsuit and ultimately my birth suit' look, which I was probably less lenient towards. Or the 'I like to dress up, but in a classy way' look. Option two it was - I choose an off the shoulder, white, flowing, mid-thigh length dress, which required a tan coloured belt to make my waist appear thinner than it actually was, coupled with tan coloured pumps.

I was pretty happy with what I chose, not feeling the need to show an excessive amount of skin. I didn't feel desperately obligated to impress these guys, as I was pretty sure that they had already taken a liking towards me.

As I vainly studied myself in the mirror, a spark of excitement shot through me, and I then knew that someone was at the door. I took a quick glance at the time on my phone which told me that it was spot on 5:00PM, so it was likely that Will was here. I then heard a knock, and made my way towards the door before catching one last approving glance at my reflection.

I took a deep breath in before turning the handle; I didn't know why but this man had made me exceedingly nervous. I opened the door to immediately capture a glance of those wonderful sapphire eyes, making their way from my own, trailing down my torso to my feet, and then back up again. I could have sworn that he was undressing me with his eyes, causing the butterflies to stir once more. And then a godly perfect smirk crept up onto his lips as his eyes once more met with mine.

"Are you gonna stop staring and let me in already?" He asked whilst still holding that smirk. Great, I did it again, getting lost in his eyes with that hypnotic state he'd always put me in.

"S-sorry, come in!" I stuttered. Damn it! I couldn't help the nerves consuming my system at his mere presence.

He then handed me a bottle of vodka that he'd brought with him, and proceeded through the door.