Chapter 13 - Desperation

I always thought that it was odd that Will had never endeavoured to talk about his family, and I hadn't probed him as every time I'd asked, he'd give me relatively short sharp and sweet answers. And because of his bad boy facade and attitude problem, I always just assumed that he had come from some sort of broken home, lived by himself in a small apartment, cut off from the world as much as possible. My vibes never helped me out on the matter either, which was again quite peculiar for me.

Once again lost in thought, Will pulled the passenger door open and I stepped out of my car. "Will, is this some sort of joke?" I asked staring up at the mansion.

"I knew you'd be surprised. Let me guess; you probably always thought I lived alone in some small little dingy apartment or something, right?" He asked cockily, as if reading my mind yet again. He seemed to have a habit of it. I just shrugged at him and continued on with my fascination with the place. This was surely going to falter that 'bad-boy' image of his.

"Wow. I'd still be living at home too if this is where my family had lived..." I told him whilst still in awe, excitedly pulling his hand to walk towards the steps of the entrance.

I was fairly excited to see where he'd grown up and perhaps meet his family, but I was also exceedingly nervous. I'd always been quite a shy person, and meeting the boy's parents was not something that overly excited me, and it wasn't exactly like we were dating or anything. I knew that Will had probably detected the look of apprehension all over my face, as he pulled my arm back towards him and pulled me into him.

"You'll be fine, just be yourself. It would be impossible for anyone not to like you." He said beaming as he stared down at my lips, lingering in that position for just a moment longer, causing those familiar butterflies to be disturbed. But then he pulled away and started up the stairs with his hand still locked into mine.

"Will, do they know that you're, you know, seeing someone?" I asked as we neared the front door. He paused for a moment, before turning to face me.

"So, we're seeing each other now, are we?" He asked with that gorgeous grin threatening his lips, seemingly excited by my accidental use of words.

Dammit. I think I may have just initiated the whole 'where do we stand' conversation; one that I was not exclusively good at, and one that I did not think that I was ready for.

"Um, I dunno, I was just wondering whether I should be holding your hand and all, I mean maybe they won't feel so awkward about us being alone in your bedroom if they knew we were just friends?" I said with a slight smile, a little proud that I'd managed to get myself out of that one reasonably well. Phew.

"Good point." He said, dropping my hand and turning towards the door. He could have easily responded with the whole, 'Oh, wanna go out with me?' scenario, which I would have had no idea how to react to. A part of me deep down desperately wanted that, but another part of me also knew that it was way too soon.

We made our way through the massive entrance hall and through a door to the right which led to the kitchen.

"Hey." Will shyly greeted as we walked around the kitchen bench. A stunning, tall and slim, elegant woman turned from in front of the stove while cooking, with a big smile spread across her face. She had striking features; long light brown wavy hair, and the same bright sapphire eye colour that Will had inherited. She looked like she could have been royalty.

"Hello my dear." She said inquisitively, looking at me with warming eyes, and turning to Will. I could tell that she was trying to restrain her grin, as if trying to hide her excessive excitement to see me. It was almost, if just for a split second, suspicious. I'd wondered then if Will had already told her about me.