Chapter 50 - Hatred

Chapter 50 – Hatred

At first I had no idea how to feel at the sight of him. I was led to believe that he was dead. That this monster that I had once feared, once found myself attracted to, once felt pity for, was still alive and breathing, still walking this earth. Was I happy that his soul had somehow been spared, or was I completely disappointed that he was back, and still as obsessed with me as he was the last time that I’d seen him?

“See, I still manage to take your breath away.” He said cockily, causing my blood to boil. All of the bitterness that I had once felt for this man had come rushing back, and I immediately pushed away the pity that I had once felt for him, the sorrow that I had once wasted on his memory.

“Not in the way that you want Sebastian.” I spat back at him, the fury inside of me increasing. “What the hell do you want with me anyway? It’s a shame really, that you’re not dead.” I knew my words were extremely harsh, and just for a spit second I felt guilty. But that was soon washed away at the realisation that his hands were wrapped around my throat.

“Very funny Miranda. I’m impressed though, you’re still your feisty little self, if not more so. You know I always loved that about you.” He whispered, this time right up against my ear. His breath tickled my neck and sent shivers down my spine. Shivers of pure repulsion this time though, not attraction, not in the slightest.

“And really, you haven’t already figured it out? It surprises me that you were stupid enough to come down here. You’re way too trusting, did you know that? To actually believe that I’d only lured your pretty little friend down here. Surely I thought you’d have figured out that you were the target.” I was furious. I could feel my core heating up now, my palms beginning to sweat.

He loosened the grip on my neck and grabbed my wrists, pinning them above my head with one hand, the other tightly gripping my waist. He buried his head into my neck and began sniffing it, as if it were the most delicious thing that he’d ever smelt. He trailed his lips across the sensitive part, making me shiver, and that was when I could feel that his fangs were out. He grazed them across my bare skin, setting off that familiar reaction that my body would become consumed with when he’d use his ‘vampire abilities’ on me.

“If I can’t have you Miranda, then no one can.” Those words that had just escaped his lips played out in slow motion to me, my senses completely focussed onto them, and only them. And that voice sent even more shivers down my spine, more intense than I had ever thought were possible, causing my stomach to drop so dramatically that I was sure I was going to vomit. He cannot be serious, he just can’t...

“Why me, Sebastian? Huh? What about that psycho little bitch that you’ve been chasing after for, what, centuries now? You’re going to give all of that up, the once love of your life, just for me? A pathetic little witch?” I spat at him, trying my best to convince him that he was making a very solemn mistake.

“You know, you are quite right. She was a psycho little bitch. Which is the very reason I can’t stand her anymore. And being a witch, well, one with vampire blood running through your system, is all the more attractive. Hasn’t your precious little William told you this yet? Your scent is like a drug. It’s ten times stronger than a normal witch. Probably why he can’t keep away from you. But I don’t blame him. And you seem to keep forgetting about our little feud. He took away the one thing that meant the world to me, and now it’s my turn to do the same to him.”