Chapter 22 - Uncertain

"Miranda, Miranda!! Miranda, please, look what you are doing, please don't do this, please!" I stood up from my pathetic collapsed position in the sand, only to turn my head around and see...Joel standing there this time, desperately trying to convince me not to release the wave. What the heck?! Everything started to fade, along with the agonising emotions which came with this familiar scene.

I slowly began to drift back into consciousness, feeling extremely groggy and exhausted, and my face soaking wet with the tears I'd shed during the familiar nightmare. I thought that for sure this time I was dead, and I would wake up in either heaven or hell, or some limbo realm. But no. Once again, I was lying on a comfortable and soft bed. What was with me constantly being knocked unconscious and always waking up in a bed?!

I opened my eyes to check out where I'd ended up this time. The slight light seeping through the sides of the curtains was enough to show me the room in which I was. It looked quite modern, and I hadn't recognised it. I didn't think that I'd been here before. The carpet was a chocolate colour, and the walls a bright white. There wasn't much in this room except for the bed that I was lying in, which was draped with a modern chocolate brown bed covering, and the mirrored built in robe which was installed onto the wall directly in front of me.

I slowly began to sit up, expecting some sort of physical pain at my neck, assuming that I could have possibly been bitten by yet ANOTHER vampire...but nothing. I actually felt ok, despite the lack of energy and somewhat disorientation, after having been knocked out with some toxic chemical fume. I pulled the covers off of me, and jumped out of bed, catching a quick glimpse of my reflection, noticing that I was still dressed exactly how I was when I was taken, except that my hair and make-up was reasonably a mess.

I tiptoed to the door way, and gently placed my ear to the door, listening out for some sort of indication of the presence of any one hovering by it. I was pretty sure that there was no one around, so slowly began to pry the door open, peering my head out into the hallway. The hallway looked vaguely familiar, but probably because it looked like any other modern house hallway. I briefly scanned it ensuring that there wasn't anyone nearby, and hesitantly made my way out through the door.

I had almost tiptoed to the stairs from which I was about to make a run for it down, when someone jumped out in front of me, grabbing me by the shoulders, making my heart leap out of its chest. My jaw had dropped to the floor when I looked up and saw who was standing there in front of me. "Miranda, I'm sorry but I can't let you leave." He said, glaring into my eyes with sympathy. I didn't know whether to be shocked, scared, or relieved that I saw the familiar face standing there before me. A part of me wanted to lift my knee up and strike him right in the nuts, making a run for it, but the other part wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him that I'd missed him.

I was literally frozen in shock that I couldn't do either. I just stood there staring at him. "Miranda, Miranda are you ok?" NO of course I'm not friggen ok! I was bitten by a rogue vampire the other night, found out I was a witch and that I wasn't allowed to be with the man that I had feelings for because he was a vampire, and then kidnapped by...by...Joel.

"No Joel, I'm not ok! What the hell happened?!" I screamed at him, wriggling from his grip on my shoulders and cautiously backing away, wondering how the heck I ended up in his house after being kidnapped from the deserted cabin that I was in with Will.

"Miranda I can explain. You just need to relax. You need to know that I'm not going to hurt you, I'm here to help you. Please just relax." He gently replied, throwing me his large gorgeous grassy green puppy dog eyes, making my heart melt ever so slightly.

"No I'm not going to relax. Why the hell should I trust you?! The last time I saw you, you took me to the beach that you knew was in my horrific nightmares, the ones which you knew I dreaded so much, that caused me so much pain. And then the last thing I remember I was kidnapped, and now I wake up here, in YOU'RE home?! Don't tell me to relax Joel!" I shouted, finding it a little exhilarating that I was getting so worked up. I'd never been an aggressive or angry person, but right now I really didn't give a shit. I needed answers, and I needed them now.