Chapter 23 - Anger

Chapter 23 - Anger

"Miranda you might want to sit down for this." He sympathetically told me, causing a slight amount of adrenalin to rush though my blood stream. My vibes were completely blocked at this point, I didn't know whether to trust him, to believe what he was about to tell me. He grabbed my hand and pulled my zombie-like form upstairs, back into the bedroom where I woke up, so that we were alone. We sat down on the bed simultaneously, as I just froze there in shock, yet again, while he sat beside me, our knees almost touching.

"Miranda, Will knows more about your parent's death than he makes out to know. My sources tell me that they weren't just robbed. They were attacked Miranda, by vampires." His sentence rang in my ears, like the echo of someone's haunting voice shouting down a long, deserted hallway. "I'm almost certain that he's associated to these vampires. I know you don't want to hear this, but maybe even possibly involved in what happened."

I didn't know how to react at first. I mean, why the hell should I even believe him? Joel hated Will, and this could have easily been a ploy to win me over, to make me fall for him instead. "Joel why should I believe you? And how do you even know this?" I asked, still angry and uncertain.

"My abilities Miranda, they're similar to yours. I've seen things, visions, of the monsters that were in your home that day. I've also seen visions of him with those monsters Miranda." He replied, sparking up that adrenalin inside of my stomach.

"So, you didn't actually see them attack my parents? You just saw them there, in my house? And you didn't even see Will there, you just saw a different scene with him in it?" I questioned, hope still shining through my tone.

"Well, technically yes, but I know that he knows something Miranda. He knows what went down, but has clearly failed to tell you. That's why you shouldn't trust the guy. Who knows what he's really planning to do." Joel told me, looking at me with hesitation, as if I were about to explode and take him down with me.

Tears began to form in my eyes, not being able to hold back the emotions that were dug up over the very mention of my parent's death. Joel suddenly wrapped his arms around me into a tight embrace, letting me cry into his soft, warm and muscled chest. This made me realise that I did miss Joel. That he was here, only trying to protect me. Despite the fact that I didn't completely agree with some of the things he'd told me, some of the opinions he'd formed, but I knew that he was solely here to protect me, not to harm me, whether he was correct about the entire situation or not. And that's when I recklessly decided to trust him again.

My sobbing into his chest, and our embrace, eventually gently fell onto the bed, into a lying down embrace. We just laid there for what seemed like about half an hour, just holding each other, just absorbing in each other's comfort. It felt nice to be there with him, but a big part of me was wishing that it was Will. I then wondered how Will would be feeling right now, knowing that his stupid hungry mistake of leaving me there, vulnerable, had led me to being kidnapped and out of his reach, having no idea if I were safe or not or where I even was. I felt terribly guilty for a moment, but then remembered the single most important fact that Will had failed to tell me about - my parent's death.

This angered me to a point that my soft spot for Will had almost completely diminished for the time being. I couldn't understand why he hadn't owned up to the fact that he'd known about my parent's death. It wasn't like the situation hadn't come about where he could have told me. We'd talked about my parents before, about how they must have been witches too.