Chapter 24 - Betrayed

Chapter 24 – Betrayed

I woke up on Thursday, I think it was, luckily not having suffered another nightmare. But my memories of yesterday were probably close enough to one, making me feel almost as horrible as I’d felt when I woke up from one. I remembered how yesterday, I woke up from being kidnapped, from a vampire who I was falling for, by a witch who was apparently in love with me my entire life. And then I was told that this witch and his friends wanted all vampires’ dead, including the one I liked, and that the vampire I liked had something to do with my parents death, who were apparently killed by vampires. And then I stupidly made out with this witch that basically wanted me all to himself, almost being tempted to go all of the way with him. Just playing the thoughts in my mind sounded like some cliché fictional teenage vampire romance novel blurb. What a joke.

After I’d stopped whatever was going to happen between Joel and I last night in this very bed, he’d apologised, threw on his t-shirt, and left the room sweetly saying goodnight, as if nothing had even happened. I had no idea what I was going to do now, or today for that matter. I felt like every day for the past few weeks had been a shock to me, I’d learn something new and terrifying, and every time it would be something more shocking than the last. What could possibly happen next?!

I dragged myself out of bed, and headed for the shower. Once I’d finished in the bathroom, I’d walked back into the bedroom, only to find some fresh underwear and girl’s clothes (thankfully this time not boy’s) laid out on the bed in front of me. Joel must have left them for me, how sweet I thought. I immediately changed into the grey tack pants, and pink baggy t-shirt. The shirt was a little too big for my liking, so I tied the back of it into a knot so that it was now tight around my waist. I slipped on the pink flip flops that were left for me, and made my way out of the room and down the stairs.

I walked into the lounge room, where Jordan and Lilly were sat on the couch. I flashed them a fake smile, folding my arms over my chest and leaning on the door frame casually. Lilly rolled her eyes, and Jordan stood up, giving me a genuine, yes genuine (odd, coming from Jordan) smile, tucking his hands into his pockets shyly.

“Hey Miranda. Joel and Ashton are out, but they’ve asked myself and Lilly to take you back to your apartment to grab some things.” He sweetly told me, looking all shy and innocent. This was a different side to Jordan to what I normally experienced, the usual cold front he’d put up had practically diminished. I could tell deep down though that perhaps he really was a nice guy, just exceptionally shy. Lilly, on the other hand, had continued on with her bitter ‘I hate you’ attitude, as we all headed for the front door.

“You better hope I’m right Miranda, I can sense that we won’t be attacked today. You know it was incredibly dumb of you, to convince Joel to come with us. You’re putting all of our lives at risk here.” Lilly bitterly muttered, as we jumped into the car. I just rolled my eyes at her, and took a lonesome seat in the back. I lent my head on my palm, bleakly staring out of the window for the entire drive there, hoping, anticipating, and wondering if Will would be at my apartment.

As we pulled up, my vibes were sensing something uneasy. I searched Jordan and Lilly’s body language, in hope that they’d somehow felt what I had felt, but got nothing. Perhaps I was just anxious, and perhaps it was blocking my vibes, perhaps Lilly was right that we wouldn’t be attacked. I hated trusting that girl, something told me to be hesitant about it, but I had no choice right now, they were after all, the ones protecting me at the moment.