Chapter 33: Matter Of Life And Death

HEY GUYS! This chapter is full of POV!:) Hope you would like this and sorry for not updating immediately. Writer's block plus school is a very complicated thing. lol.:)) Anyways, hope you like it! :)

After twenty minutes of staring at the door, the janitor finally came and opened the door.

I got out and saw Drew, Blake and Chace waiting for me with the principal and the other judges. Also all the contestants.

“How did this happen?!” The principal roared.

“I don’t know, I went here just to pee and I heard clicking sounds but I didn’t mind it and when I got out, I was locked.” I explained calmly.

“Was anyone here when you came in?” Mrs. Smith asked.

“No one!” I sighed.

“What if we knew this was all a lie? You do know the consequences.” David Jack said coming forward to me.

“Why in the world would I lie?! This means something to me! Everything about being a pastry chef means something to me!” I screamed my heart out. It hurts so much that they doubt you when you are obviously telling the truth!

“Okay then, we’ll let this slide first for now. But if this happens again, your team’s out.” David Jack said then walked away with the other judges to the tournament area.

“Sorry for the delay, everyone’s complete! For those who received a green paper a while ago during the first round, it means you are qualified for the second round. For those who doesn’t have, thank you for joining.” David Jack announced.

Blake showed me the green paper with a smile. Geez, I thought they were going to massacre me for what happened a while ago.

I saw about ten teams walk away. So it means we’re one of the top ten right now since they are twenty groups all in all.

“Now, the second round would be in the afternoon. Take your lunch break then we’ll proceed around two in the afternoon.” Then the judges left.

“You okay?” Drew asked me.

“Kind of.” I answered.

“Take a rest.” Blake patted my back.

“Call me if you guys are going already okay?” Then we all left to our respective rooms to sleep since there’s four more hours before the next round.

Blake Patch ☻

We arrived at our room around ten minutes from the tournament area.

I wonder who did that to Lauren.

Surely that was no mere accident.

“You’re thinking about who did it right?” My brother suddenly asked. Does he have mind reading powers or what?

“And you’re thinking if I have mind reading powers or what, right?” He smirked.

And he’s ugly.

“And you think I’m handsome?” He smiled.

“Geez, you’re too full of yourself.” I nudged him.

“So you really do like her huh?” My brother smiled weirdly.

I really hate this part of my brother; he’s like an autistic person.

“What do you think then? Shouldn’t we be guarding her? Someone obviously wants us out.” I told him.

“Maybe she isn’t the target. I don’t know.” He scratched his head.