Harry for Nina

In the dark of the club, with the intense mood lighting, everyone looked other worldly. Seated in the lounge taking in all it had to offer, I smirked on the ring of the shot glass as I pulled it to my lips. A parade of skimpily dressed girls skipped by, parts of them shaking. They weren’t the reason for my being here or the sole reason at least. I didn’t want to be alone.

Once they passed, I could feel the stare that was focused in on me. Glancing up, I caught the eye of a very beautiful, almost exotic looking girl. She seemed my age, and was leaned against the bar. She did seem somewhat out of place here, and I found myself proven right as a lad walked up to her, wrapping his arms around her waist, his fingers knotting in her long hair. For some reason, this unnerved me. I didn’t like the way he left her alone in a place like this.

The song changed to a screaming ode to the broken hearted, as the girl pulled away from the lad. I couldn’t help but stare as the red lights flashed against her tanned cheeks, causing a fiery glow. Her head snapped back, her curvy figure stiffing. Her eyes narrowed at the lad, a threatening glare that caused me to down a drink to keep control.

The guy recoiled momentarily, before stepping toward her, shouting something that I couldn’t quite hear-if hearing was possible. Whatever she said was enough to cause him to leave.  Chuckling at the sight, I ordered the girl a drink, sending a waiter over to her. From the corner of my eye I saw her eyes widen in shock, a sweet smile spreading on her face.

She pursed her lips over the rim, downing the liquid. She rose from her chair, walking toward me. Her hips swung with the black dress that she was wearing. She’d give Audrey Hepburn a run for her money.

“Um, excuse me?” she asked tapping lightly on my shoulder.

Turning slowly, I faced her, “So you got my drink.”

“Yeah, and I just wanted to say thanks.” She mumbled staring at me for a second, the pink on her cheeks not from the lighting now.

“It’s nothing you seemed like you could use it.” I shrugged. “Do you want to talk about it?”

She quickly took the spot beside me, brushing against my arm slightly. She took a breath, “Nice sleeves by the way.” She mumbled admiring my tattoos.

“Thank you.” I said a bit too smugly.

“Well...” then she dove into a relationship that would make a great soap opera.

“Woah,” I finally blew as she finished her tale, “that’s a lot.”

“Yeah, it is.”

“What’s your name?” I blurted not having gotten it earlier.

“Nina, you?” she asked.

“Harry.” I replied, slowly reaching out to peck her cheek.

“Wait-what? You always said you met Mom at a party, with Uncle Niall.” Our teenage son Dylan said taken aback.

“Yeah, well, you and Darce were little.”

“So you too just started dating?” he pressed.

“Yeah.” I chuckled. “But if you tell your mother...”

“I know, I know, you’ll throw me into the pool. Can I tell Darcy?” Before I could protest, his tall, curly frame ran out the library, and off to find his sister.

Leaning back in my chair, I smiled to myself, running a hand though my hair. Nina walked in, her hips still swinging. She gently sat herself in my lap, pressing a kiss on my lips.

“I love you.” I mumbled against hers.

“I love you too.”