Harry for Angel Pt. 2

I watched as Angel’s breath caught. Her chest stopped momentarily. Hustling to get the inhaler out of my pocket I pressed it to her lips, letting her relax. After a few deep inhales of whatever the hell they filled those things with, she eased back. Her soft hair cascaded down her shoulders, her lips pink, and her eyes bright.

I could normally tell what triggered the attacks, the memories, but I couldn’t now. There was nothing around that seemed relatively close to anything from high school. We were in a coffee shop, nestled in the corner, over homework, nothing for her to freak out about.

“What’s wrong Angel?” I cooed stretching a hand out to her, catching her cheek in my palm.

“Nothing, really, I’m fine.” She heaved out, shooing my hand away returning to the text book. I recoiled at her actions. Not that it should bother me, but it did.

“Obviously something is wrong.” I stated struggling to keep an even tone.

Angel let out a sigh before looking up with glossy eyes. “I’ve been thinking Harry, and I’m thinking that we aren’t going anywhere.”

I sputtered out for a second, before recovering, “Angel, you had the dream again didn’t you?” The silence was enough for me to know that she had the dream again. It was always the same a constant reminder of what happened. All the events stretched out over a night.  “Just move in with me, like we talked. I can keep you safe, you won’t have the dream as much, you know this.”

Shaking her head she said, “Harry they’re right, we aren’t meant to be together. My parents don’t like you, school then and now don’t like you, my friends don’t like you.”

“But do you?” I choked trying to save this. It was always the same after the dream. She’d be distance and doubtful.

“What?” she scratched looking like she was going to cry, which made the faint scars of the stitches.

“Do you like me?”

“Of course, I love you! But-“

“Then that’s all that matters. I love you and you love me. We don’t need anyone else. This was just a dream, the result. Just move in, we’ll be okay. You’ll see.”

Angel’s eyes watered as she whimpered. I rose in my seat, leaning over to pull her chin to mine. I could feel her strawberry lip gloss slide through my lips to my tongue. She pulled back, nodding. “Okay, I’m sorry, you know? I can’t help it. I hate it.”

“So move in with me.”

“Okay.” She sighed slowly sliding back to herself.  Things might now be better today, but they would be in time.