Liam for Isabella

My head was rested in against Liam’s chest, his hands stroking my inner thighs. The covers were pulled up just enough exposing our chests to the slow music that filled our bedroom. Liam’s lips gently nudged at my skin, whispering terms of love and commitment against it. I was flattered, grateful even for this relaxation, but something was off. Liam was a sweet guy, sure, but he never did anything for the fun of it. Everything he did had a purpose, just like every tattoo and piercing that scarred his skin had purpose.

“Liam.” I breathlessly moaned as his large, rough hands began to caress my bare back, kneading at the muscles.

“Yes angel?” he murmured in response, reaching over to the nightstand. “You like this? You like when I commit to you? You like when I promise that we’ll go get ourselves hitched one day?”

“Yes, very much.” I confessed leading further into his touch.

The gentle strokes abruptly stopped, the demeanor in the bedroom changing. “Why then,” he said grabbing my phone and unlocking it, “are you talking to this Carter?” he spat, grabbing my chin to jerk it his way.

“Liam, stop. If you hurt me, you know I’ll leave.” I hated to use that threat, but that’s all I had in my arsenal that the therapist said wouldn’t anger him further.

Liam’s hand dropped and he threw himself off the bed, pacing the floor in front of us. His bulging arms revealed his pumping veins as he tugged at his quiff of hair. “Isabella, all I ask is to be able to keep you safe. How am I supposed to do that?”

I stood, crossing to grab his hands. “Liam James Payne, you know I love you. You know I love you more than I love myself. Sometimes, you just have to trust me, just like I trust you.”

“You know I’d never cheat on you! Not ever!” he persisted. I raised an eyebrow at Liam, hoping he’d catch on. He blushed staring down to his feet.

“Liam,” I cooed to the boxer clad man, “Carter is a friend.”

“But you said you loved him!” he sniffled, resting his head on my shoulder, allowing me to rub his back.

“First off, you know I tell all my friends that.” He nodded, sitting on the bed. “And secondly, if you had let me explain, Carter is a girl. Her parents are American and name all their kids after a president.”

Liam hiccupped in embarrassment. “I’m sorry babe.” He blushed, mumbling into my shoulder.

“It’s okay, love, now, why don’t we get back to where we started?” I suggested, receiving a cute head nod from Liam, who eagerly nudged me to the bed.