Niall for Madison Pt. 2

To say he was nervous would be a lie. To say he was terrified would be a lie. Niall Horan didn’t know what to do. It wasn’t his fault, okay maybe he should’ve been a bit more proper around her parents, but seriously, it wasn’t his fault.

The look on his fiancé’s face read otherwise. The pointed glare signaled two things. One, if this wedding were to continue there would not be any desert for Niall later that evening. And two, this wedding better go on. Madison slowly turned away from the priest to face the cozy crowd to see who decided that they had the right to postpone her wedding. No one had that right and no one could convince her it is divine intervention.

Madison stared back to her father who stood proudly in the church isle his hand outstretched for her to take hold of. “C’mon Maddie. He’s no good for you. I’ve told you this before. I get that you think you’re in love, but you’re not.”

“What do you know about me being in love?” she countered stepping closer to him.

“Plenty. I’m your father. Now come home with me, and we can move on.” Her father continued as Niall’s heart began to race fear pumping through his veins. She wouldn’t choose him would she?

“No.” she deadpanned making Niall’s heart leap up to his throat.

“No? Madison if you marry him, you are no longer our daughter.” This statement came from her mother who appeared out from behind her father. “You look beautiful honey, but it’s a shame to waste such a beautiful dress on a thing like that.”

Almost on a que, the crowd did a mix of an “ohhh” and a gasp. Some of the younger groups even laughed. Niall, on the other hand, found nothing to be amusing about that statement.

“SHUT UP!” he roared over his shoulder trying to become intimidating. “ I don’t care what you think of me.” He began his words heavily coated with a thick accent. “Because all that matters is what Madison thinks about me. If she wants to leave, I’ll let her go. But you sure as hell aren’t ruining my wedding day.” Niall was pretty sure that was on some Bridal reality show he watched one time, but it got the point across just fine.

The crowd again let out an “ohh” now challenging her parents. Harry stood in the back filming the entire thing thinking of the sentimental value of this. Madison grabbed Niall’s hand in her own. “I’m happy. Didn’t you always want me to be happy? If you won’t accept him that’s fine, if you don’t want anything to do with me ever again, I’m sorry that you feel that way.” She hissed grabbing Niall by the tip of his tie.

Her parents watched in horror as their daughter, their sweet little girl, twisted and pulled her lips against Niall’s. His hands traveled down the curve of her dress to annoy them further, but what really got them was the curly haired lad who pushed them out of the church. To them, they lost a daughter, but to Niall and Madison, they gained a life all their own. Which, Niall was glad for the resolving of the situation given how much he was craving some desert.