Niall for anyone really

I tapped my pencil against the table top, my leg bouncing in unison. Glancing to my wrist, I realized I wasn't wearing a watch. It didn't matter- he was late. Here I was, devoting an hour of my Friday night to him and he can't show up. It's not like I had other plans, but it's the principal of the idea. I decided when he walks in I'll get up and leave. Make up some excuse, and storm out. Just like in the movies.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, had to deal with a problem." his attractive Irish accent greeted. My leaving dramatically, was thrown out the window. I sometimes wondered how I found him attractive. His once brunette hair was dyed blonde and over that purple tips. His ears were gaged, and his milky skin sleeved with ink. I'd asked him on one of our dates-I referred to my telling him what was going to be one the test as a date to please my grandmother who insisted I date- what they all meant. The damn leprocaun said, "I'll tell ya someday." then he winked.

Telling myself to breathe, I stood and grabbed my books. "Where ya goin'? I just got 'ere." Ignoring him I walked out of the library and down the sidewalk. "Hey!" he shouted, catching up with me.

Grabbing my elbow he turned me to face him. I swallowed as I was met with those blue eyes. They were the only thing pure about him. They gave me hope that someday he could care. When teachers asked why I helped him, and other kids said I was asking for death, I'd think of those eyes. How gentle they were as they'd glance up at me from the textbook.

"Talk to me, what's wrong?" his harsh face, was gentle to me. His calloused hand reached out and grabbed mine, threading our fingers together. Why was I doing this?

"Niall, something came up. I've gotta go." I lied blushing. Blushing was my tick. Whenever something was wrong, I blushed. I couldn't sweat or blink, bite my nails, or twirl my hair- I blush.

"You are a terrible liar." he said ,softly running a thumb over my cheek. That gentle caress increased my blush and reached in twisting my heart. "Now, what's wrong?"

I sighed blowing a string of hair out of my face, "You were late." he laughed. He threw his head back and laughed. "And another thing, you never say "Thank you". That's all I want. A simple THANKS!"

His laughter stopped, and he stared at me intently. "That's what you want? I'm not used to it, but I do say thank you." I shook my head in a no fashion. "I do. I kept that loser from asking you out, I put money in your lunch account..."

"That was you?" I asked softly.

"Well, who else would?" he retorted. This was true. "Thank you. Thank you for tutoring me, for listening to me, for being my friend. I truly appreciate you, and love you."

Both our eyes widened at his comment. We each stepped closer to each other, our chests pressing together. "I love you, too." I managed to squeak as his gaze lowered to my lips. His hand pressed my hips to his. Brushing our lips together I felt something flick my teeth. He pulled his tongue out revealing a metal ball on the tip.

"Let's skip the math today, "he instructed slipping a hand in my back pocket, "and move on to chemistry.