Chapter 28

I can't believe it. I can't believe what I had just read. Alexandra Rose? There's only one Alexandra Rose that I know... And I think it's the same one... But... Best friend? I'm her best friend. Or rather, I was her best friend.

Another tear started rolling down my cheek. Alex...

Okay brain, stop, I commanded myself. And continue reading the rest of the story information thing.

I took a deep breath and sighed loudly. My eyes found its way back onto the paper that was still in my hands.

"Well, he didn't exactly 'planted' her. Alex's father is one of the victim's best friend and business partner as well. So naturally, their daughters would 'hang out' once in a while and eventually become best of friends.

But Alex's father is not only the victim's business partner, no, he's part of the organisation as well. Which only made things so much easier for Desmond and company.

Alex was – in a way – 'involved' in the whole accident. She managed to escape being injured from the accident in the last second, when everything was in a chaos state. However, there is one flaw when someone asks a person to kill their best friend.

Because they never really do it."

Oh yeah? And what is that supposed to prove? Nothing right? I mean, I am sure a person is fully capable of killing their best friend, no doubt about that. I don't see that point of this...

But... I did notice something... Does this mean that Alex is still alive? And now that I think about it, the previous few paragraphs stated that 'her name is Alex' not 'her name was Alex'. I normally do not care about anything when it comes to grammar, but, I think I see what he did there.

I let out a frustrated groan. This is all getting to me way too much already! Maybe that's the point. Well, Desmond, I know you can't hear me right now because it is obvious that you can't read my thoughts, but congratulations if that was the effect you were going for.

I sighed and continued reading.

"However, Alex somehow managed to help the youngest to still stay alive and to avoid the accident. It was obvious to every outsider's eye that she wanted to help out her own best friend to go through all the grief of losing her family – even though Alex herself helped with the accident – but she had to fake her own death.

So, she never bothered to help the youngest – or rather, to warn her about the upcoming dangers – and just left it as it is. She was too afraid to do so. She just left her best friend's life as it is, hoping that she would be able to overcome the grief by herself.

Geraldine was quite satisfied with the outcome of the accident. She thought that everyone in the family had died – though they had to personally kidnap and kill the mother of the family – and there was none left. She was mainly targeting the youngest daughter though.

But little did she know, at that time, that the one she was mainly targeting is the one who is still alive."

What? I'm utterly confused... I think I get it, but the meaning behind the whole thing comes in flashes in my mind, and I can never catch it in time before it disappears once more... That part is annoying, but I know that I would have to figure it out at one point or another.

But the worst thing is that by reading more, it gets me more and more confused than ever, so confused that I am sure it is not healthy for my own good. Not only am I confused, I am also very, very curious.