Chapter 3

Well, hi! And welcome back to the story! :DDDD I hope you enjoy it... And thanks for sticking around til now! I hope you'll stay with me until the end! Oh, and a little note, don't complain that this chapter is too short. I'll be posting another one or two short chapters, than it'll be longer, I promise. The mystery, or rather, the main plot of this, will start very, very soon, so stay tuned! I'm sorry if it sounds too cliche, but its the only kind of thing I can think of to fill you guys in on everything. Anyways, enough of the author's note...

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

FAN!!!

__________________

Chapter 3

How do uneventful days always manage to pass so agonisingly slow? It gets really annoying at times. When I need time to pass quickly, it does quite the opposite. When I need it to pass slowly, it passes like a bullet train. We can just never win, can we?

I want the first few months of school to pass as quickly as possible. They're always the most boring time during the whole school year. Why? We mostly just get work, work and work! No fun... But at the end of the year, there are camps and all sorts of fun stuff to do.

Why oh why are the days passing so slowly? The past four months seems like two whole years. So, if you guessed its December now, you're absolutely right. Well, it's December the nineteenth to be exact. The last week of school before the winter-slash-Christmas break.

One of the most annoying times during the school year must be on the first day of the last week of school, especially before the summer holidays. Because the holidays are like so near, yet so far.

I felt someone nudged me in the shoulder, deliberately snapping me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Yes..." I answered dreamily.

"You look like you're about to doze off any second now..."

As a matter of fact, I am. "So?"

"Are you tired?"

"Mmm-hmm..."

Believe or not, I don't even know who I'm talking to. The voice sounds familiar, but I can't seem to be able to think properly today.

I turned my head towards the direction of the voice. It's Gray. Figures! I'm simply too exhausted to get anything straight right now.

"Oh, Willow tree..."

A grin crept onto my face.

"Why are you so sleepy today?" he enquired," In fact, you have been sleepy for this whole week. Why?"

I froze at the question. I couldn't tell him the truth. I've never told anyone before about the fact that I cry myself to sleep every night. And yesterday was particularly bad. I had been painting again. And I just had to paint that one particular night. The night of my best Christmas. When I was just six years old.

"Jess! Willow!" Mum called out to the both of us," It's time to open your presents!"

My sister and I squealed in excitement. We literally ran into the living room where a huge Christmas tree was up.

"Yay! Yay! Yay!" I cried in delight, smiling as widely as ever.

Mum chuckled at me. She was bent over, rearranging the resents underneath the tree.

"Come over here," she instructed Jess and I.

I went over to her, giggling a little.