Chapter 50

Willow's POV

After reporting about the organisation to the police, everything was almost perfect. Almost. Not completely, but it could be considered completely perfect. They managed to catch most of the workers in the building – sadly with the exception of Desmond, Geraldine, Thomas and Aaron – after Gray brought them to the headquarters.

After that, the police burned down the whole building and I watched it as it burned down into ashes and debris. After that, I felt quite satisfied. At least I would be safer than I was about merely a day ago.

Alex was spared. I don't know why though. Perhaps it was because of my constant begging and such – I can't tell as I was... I don't know. I just can't remember – and she was brought to the nearest hospital so that her wounds could be taken care of. And just as easy as that, I got my best friend back.

But that's not even the best part of it all. Not only did I get my best friend back, but I got my 'two-in-one' package back as well. My best friend and boyfriend: Gray Lopez. He finally came to his senses about what he did to me. And he apologised as well.

He not only apologised, but he gave me an apology gift as well. And can you guess what it is? A trip to the other side of the world: Auckland, New Zealand.

It's a good place to go to, honestly speaking. I mean, it's a very peaceful place to live in and I don't particularly like too noisy and busy places. I love the scenery here as well, and the strawberries! Oh my gosh! They're huge!

I've always wanted to come here, and he knew that. Even after all the cruel things he had done to me, he still manages to be such a kind and sweet person. Even though it may be winter in New Zealand this time around, I still love it.

"Hey," Gray's gentle voice reached my ears.

I smiled and turned to look at him. "Hey there."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked him on the lips. Then, I suddenly burst out into fits of giggles. He grinned at me. No, he smirked. And before I even knew it, I was up in the air with him carrying me by the waist.

"Stop! Stop!" I gasped.

But he didn't.

Instead, he walked up to the nearest bench – or at least, I think it was the nearest bench – and sat there. It was only then did he put me down. But even then he didn't put me down completely. He placed me in a sitting position on his lap.

"I hate you," I told him playfully.

"Oh, I know you do. And you know what? I love you too Willow."

I giggled once more. Honestly speaking, I've never felt happier in my life before. I've never felt such peace, such joy, such relaxation. And how Gray managed to find this huge and deserted park that we are in now is still a mystery to me.

"I love you so much Willow that I'm willing to die for you," he whispered into my ears.

I paused, my lips slowly curving up to form a huge smile. "I love you too. But I don't want you to die for me. If you did, I'd die trying to get on with the rest of my life without you by my side," I whispered back.

And soon, he leaned in closer to me. Closer, and closer, and closer. And I did too. But before our lips could touch, I jumped off his lap, leaving him to stumble forward, flailing his arms about wildly in an attempt of trying to balance himself.

I immediately burst out into a laughing fit.

I could see the huge smirk starting to form on his face. Uh oh. But I couldn't help but laugh. I could feel all my past burdens being lifted off my shoulders, the burdens I've been trying to get rid of for so long.

He ran towards me and I sprinted in the opposite direction, running as fast as my legs could carry me. But obviously, it was not enough to outrun Gray.

Sure enough, he caught me soon after. He grabbed my arm and tugged it, pulling me towards him. Without waiting, he leaned in and our lips finally met. And we kissed. It was the sweetest kiss I've had in ages.

And all I wanted right here, right now, is to freeze this moment forever, no matter how cold it may be.
_____________________________

Sorry for the short chapter btw! Oh! And before I forget...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NOMINATE ME FOR THE BEST TRAILER AWARD IN THE WATTYS YAH? The trailer is at the side.. PLEASE! I'D LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! :DDD