Chapter 12

Hey all! Thanks for staying until here! :D I am so glad! And could you guys support me! The levels of this story in the Awards is determined by the support of the readers! I hope you will kindly support me through this! Thanks!

VOTE!!!

COMMENT!!!

FAN!!!

___________

Chapter 12

It is no mystery as to why I got majorly injured while Gray did not. The truck crashed head-on on my side of the car, which was the passenger side. I am pretty sure this thought came to my mind a couple of times before, but apparently, I've never exactly thought of this.

So, if the truck crashed straight into the side I was sitting, it is pretty obvious that I would get more injured than Gray. But at least I am still alive, aren't I?

But I still wonder why he suddenly stopped in the middle of the junction.

Maybe he was petrified and he couldn't think... And maybe he was frozen with fear as well.

"Are you okay?"

Gray touched my shoulder gently, but sadly – and unfortunately for me – it just had to be that one exact spot where a huge, ugly, purplish bruise was still there. Well, at least I only still had bruises. And it's also a good thing that I didn't fracture any bones whatsoever. Only sprained and bruised myself. Badly.

But at least that is a lot better than fractures and any major injuries I could've had.

I winced from his touch, and he immediately removed his hands from my shoulder and held them in surrender.

"Sorry..." he muttered, a sheepish grin creeping onto his face.

I chuckled and shook my head. "It's okay..."

Then, I went back to making the two of us a chicken club each. I sighed. I soon heard Gray walking out of the kitchen and into the living room.

I have been feeling so tired lately. I have not been getting enough rest. Was this how Mum felt when she was in that accident? Or did she feel worst... Or better...

Once I was done with the chicken clubs, I brought them to the living room on a white ceramic plate, where Gray was sitting on the sofa, watching football, apparently. I seriously do not get what is so interesting about football. All you do is watch a bunch of players run around a field, kicking a ball to get it into the goal. I seriously don't get it.

I sighed once more as I held out the plate to Gray. He took one of the two sandwiches and nodded his thanks. I picked up the other one and took a huge bite in it.

Reality slowly – and finally – started sinking in. And you'd think I would know that by now. But to tell you the truth, I don't. Time is moving way too fast for my liking. I can't believe I am already seventeen this year. It is so unbelievable.

But then again, they do say that time does not wait for people. People have to wait for time.

I can't believe I'd have to go to college so soon. And then, there's work. I am missing out on my teenage years by mourning for my family. And before I know it, I would be a working adult! It is so true, what they all say, that life is just too short.

"You have to move on with your life, Willow," a voice in my head scolded me.

"I know," I replied, not out loud though. "I just do not know what to do. I am just so... Confused. I am just so lost."