Chapter 41

Willow's POV

The next time I woke up, my memories are all in one huge jumble in my head. So, I just laid there, on the hard metal bunk bed, alternating between trying to get some rest (who knows what they're going to do to me, so rest is important), and just opening my eyes and trying to think.

And slowly but surely, the memories came back to me.

My family had died in a car crash when I was merely fourteen. Well, except my mum, who disappeared soon after. And then, I met Gray, and we became best friends, and soon, something more: a couple.

And soon afterwards, things got a little – how do you phrase this? – hair wired.

I started receiving threats, And then, a visit from the guy himself. And apparently, Gray knows him. And the threats just keep on coming. And that is the story of how it all happened.

And now, I want to find out if Alex is really alive or not. I got hit on the head, and the nightmares came. And finally, that little... Scene... That Gray pulled off before I drifted off to my dreamless sleep.
[Flashback]

"You were just using me all this time, weren't you? Don't try to deny it. You were just using me so that that little wicked plan of yours could work out. You never loved me in the first place. You have always been putting your job above me all this time. But—But then, why—"

Gray cut me off before I could even finish saying whatever I wanted to say. He pulled me closer to him, our lips crashing gently against each other's. His lips were pressed on my own, ever so gently. It's such an amazing feeling, really.

The warmth from the kiss started spreading throughout my whole body. It's just such an indescribably feeling. It made me... So vulnerable. To my emotions threatening to spill out from me at any time now.

He pulled away too soon. "Shh..." he said gently to me. And within seconds, I was crying non-stop; all my emotions all pouring out from me at the same time. I just can't help it. He makes me vulnerable. He makes me weak. He knows exactly what makes the dam burst from within me.

He is my weakness.

I miss him so much, but I just do not want to admit it. And I most definitely don't believe anything that he says.

He pulled me close, and I didn't resist. I buried my face into his shirt, and his wonderful smell filled my nostrils. And I just continued crying. And crying. And crying. And crying. And crying. With no end.

I simply couldn't accept the reality of it all. It's all just way too much for me to compute all at once. It's just... It's just too much. And I don't like it. At all. Not even a single bit of it all. It's just so... Sick. Everything is.

I slowly regained my senses as the tears started to pour out less and less.

"Shh..." he breathed, pressing a finger gently on my lips.

I sobbed, with no tears.

I soon felt something both itchy and painful on my left arm. And I don't think that it is anything healthy for me. But then again, since when are insect bites dangerous? Maybe it's just a sting by a bee. But I can't exactly do anything about it right? So, I just ignore it.

Gray pushed me into a lying position on the hard metal bunk bed. And I just let him do it.

"Gray..." I whispered weakly.