Chapter 27

"It was the norm in the organisation where part of the package for placing an 'order' was that they would do the research by themselves without the client's help.

But not in this case.

Geraldine does not have the money – or rather, she does not have enough money – on her to pay the real price, so she had no choice but to do so. She had to get the information.

And in order to get the information she needed, she had to do some spying... Spying on the victims. Not a very easy task to do... Not without being spotted anyways. Considering that the victim lived in Geraldine's hometown and that she was supposed to be studying in Paris.

She got an early break from school – about three months before the summer holidays – claiming that she had some 'family problems' that she had to attend to and that she can't not attend to it as she is the oldest child in the family.

Stupid as the school was, they accepted her reason and she got to come back 'home'."

Okay... I'll bet this is just to stall me. It sure seems like it.

But... I don't really get it all. Why in the world is Desmond telling me all this? Doesn't he want to 'keep me in the dark' like everyone already has? Wouldn't that be easier to 'eliminate' me? When I don't know anything, rather that when I know everything?

He really is creepy. And he's giving me the chills. The quicker he gets out of my life, the better. But the only question now is how can I get him out of my life?

"However, a few months before she was dismissed from school, she got a part time job as she desperately needed money. She needed to get a flight home and she was pretty much broke, and she had to get a whole new closet, or else people at her hometown would easily recognise her.

Well, that wasn't really a piece of cake. Considering that she is extremely popular when she was still schooling there."

Hmm... Now that I think of it... I do remember hearing the name 'Geraldine Lopez' here and there before... Hmm... This is very suspicious... I was never really a fan of gossip, so I don't really know who's popular and who's not. But me hearing someone's name before and actually knowing they're popular means that they're really, really popular.

But... I can't remember hearing the gossips of someone who looks like Geraldine come back... Nor have I heard any news about her coming back before...

And I can't believe I did not know that I am going out with her brother! This is really... Epic... People really do keep me in the dark. Either that, or I purposely keep make myself distant from everyone... The former seems more likely though...

 "After buying all the things necessary for her 'return' to her hometown, she was, once again, pretty much broke. After all, things in Paris aren't exactly the cheapest of them all.

And this is where Desmond comes into the picture.

He offers to follow her back to her hometown, and ultimately, buying the plane ticket for her as well. So, she boarded the flight as a whole new person... With new clothes, new fashion sense, new hair style, new name, new age. She even went to the extent of getting a fake ID.

And that just proved how serious she is at the job.

Whilst at her hometown, her name changed to 'Lily Evans'. No one knew that this newcomer was actually 'Geraldine', the same 'Geraldine' everyone was talking and craving about."

Okay... So... She went broke, and Desmond bought her plane ticket for her and yada yada yada. That does not interest me at all. What interests me is that Geraldine changed her name to 'Lily Evans'.