Chapter 24

I slammed my room door shut and leaned against it, soon sinking down to my knees.

Ouch.

I could feel my head pounding terribly in my head. It was as if a hammer was hitting my brain at full force. Let me tell you something; this is not a pleasant feeling at all. I buried my face into the palms of my hands and leaned my forehead on both my knees.

I feel so, so tired. And my pounding head is not helping at all.

Groaning, I used up all my energy just to get up and walk to my chest of drawers. I pulled out the first drawer and blindly rummaged through it.

Aha!

My hand caught hold of the edge of the folder, and I pulled it towards me. I quickly closed the drawer, and went to sit on my bed, cross legged. And then, I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to text Gray the minute I got back.

So, I sent him a short and quick text.

"Got home safely. See? There's nothing to worry about. :D xoxo – Willow"

I took off my jacket and threw them onto the floor beside my bed. I put my phone beside me and took a deep breath.

What's inside this folder Is it something good? Or is it something bad? I feel nervous. But whatever it may be, I sure hope that I am prepared for it.

~~~ ♥ ~~ ♥ ~~ ♥ ~~~

"Willow Annabelle Rayne. I see you have found this folder. I was expecting it so, don't worry. I won't scold you for taking this without permission. And I hope that you will find this folder... Useful... There is currently nothing in here. But there is soon to be.

I knew you might want to... Drop by my office for a visit perhaps? So I removed everything from here, and kept them in yet another folder, which I carry around with me. But don't worry. You will still get what you want.

I also know that you are very curious, am I wrong? How do I know? Well, it's only very natural for us human beings to be curious. So, I've decided to be slightly... Kinder... This time around... You got lucky, Willow Rayne.

I am going to send pieces of information to you. Piece by piece. Until you've got them all. And hopefully, you'd have figured everything out already by then as well. You know, it's just like fixing a jigsaw puzzle together.

Okay, so enough said. Because after this message, I have specially written for you, Willow Rayne, your first piece of information, the base of it all.

And don't worry, it won't be hard to read and understand it, because it's all in story form. I have especially written for you – or rather, rewritten for you – all these information in story form. I am very sure you read storybooks, so it should be easy for you to understand.

I am pretty sure you are about to find out a lot of things through this little... Story... I have in-store for the likes of you. I am also sure that your father never told you any of this before. I hope you'll finally understand this little... Situation... Your father has left you in.

Well, Willow Annabelle Rayne, this is the first piece of information. Have fun reading.

'There was once a girl who goes by the name of Geraldine, or rather, Dina. She went to Paris in the year 2007, when she was nineteen, to further her studies in culinary arts. Or at least, that was what her parents thought.

But, before she left, she met someone in her senior year back when she was still in high school, Desmond. She did end up going to Paris, but not all alone. Desmond had followed, her, for they were already going out.