Epilogue

10 years later...

I chuckled as I watched my little girl play gleefully in the nearly park. Well, it isn't exactly a park. It was the same place Gray had brought me all those years ago. The same willow tree he had carved our names on. The same place he had brought me all those years ago to celebrate my birthday. The same place he had proposed to me at.

I smiled as the memories came rushing back to me. Yes, this place is really filled with memories.

I watched as Isla jumped down from the makeshift swing Gray and I had made for her and she ran over to me, her cute, blonde pigtails bouncing as she did so, her cheek flushed from exhaustion, but she still looked like she's teeming with energy.

"Mummy! Mummy!" she squealed in delight.

"Yes?" I replied, my voice full of joy and patience.

"Come play with me!"

I looked at Gray with pleading eyes and patted my swollen stomach. It's pretty hard to play, especially when I'm already seven months pregnant.

He nodded and turned to look at her. "Come on Isla. Mummy's tired. Let her rest. I'll play with you."

"Okay!" she exclaimed, her cute cheeks flushed red, her smile so huge that she had to close her eyes while smiling.

Gray grabbed her hand and walked her to the playground. I sighed. She is just so cute! Her rosy cheeks, her blonde hair, those grey eyes. I honestly couldn't have asked for more.

Isla's voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Mummy! Mummy! Play some music!" she exclaimed.

I chuckled. "Alright, alright. Mummy will play some music for you."

I pulled out my phone and selected the song 'My Redeemer Lives' by Hillsong for her. The music blared out of the speakers of my phone. Isla started jumping up and down to the catchy rhythm of the song.

I would've chose the song 'Rain Down' by Planetshakers, but it's a slow song, so she can't exactly 'dance' to a song with that slow a rhythm or beat.

I just continued watching Isla as Gray came back to sit down beside me. "Do you think she'll become a dancer in the near future?"

I merely shrugged. "Who knows?" I adverted my attention to the three-year-old girl. "Isla, sweetheart. Come here!"

"Okay!" she exclaimed.

She jumped off the tire swing and ran towards us, plopping herself right in front of us. She stared at us with her big, blue eyes. I opened the picnic basket behind me and brought out a cupcake with one lone candle on top.

I mean, use some logic. You can't exactly fit three candles atop a small cupcake, can you? I'd love to see you try. Gray lit the candle on the cake.

"Happy birthday to you," Gray and I sang.

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to Isla,

Happy birthday to you!"

Isla started laughing with joy, drunk with happiness.

"Happy birthday Isla!" Gray and I exclaimed in unison.

Isla was jumping up and down in excitement. "Yay! Yay! Yay!"

W both chuckled.

"Isla. Blow the candle and make a wish," I told her.

She blew out the candle with all her breath. Then, I removed the candle from the top of the cake and handed the food to her.

"You can have the whole thing," I whispered into her ear.

"Really?"

I nodded. "Really."

"Thank you mummy! I love you so much!"

She started munching on the cupcake. Gray mocked hurt. "So you don't love me?"

"Of course I love you too daddy!" she said in between bites.

I smiled, so did he. And for the rest of the evening, both Gray and I ended up watching Isla as she played, watching the sunset as a family and soon, the elegant night sky, filled with many twinkling stars.

But Isla was the best part. Our little angel.

I sighed as I helped Gray pack up the rest of the things. I felt a shiver run up my spine.

I know I'm safe. I know I should be safe, that we should be safe. I know that I don't have anything to worry about anymore. But then – I don't know why but – why do I feel like...

Like I'm still being watched?

___
Update (12/10/17): Hey guys! Once again, thank you for sticking with me throughout the whole story. This story, to me, is very nostalgic and reminiscent of my 13-year-old self when I wrote just because I could and reminds me why I love writing in the first place, even if I do find it cringy now as my voice as a writer has drastically changed since.

Trust me, the rewritten version (on Tapas) may be a lot shorter as I've cut down on a lot of filler, but I feel better about it.

At any rate, thank you thank you thank you for reading all this! I love you all.

Much love,
18-year-old Angie

Ok, I'm feeling so emotional now. Thanks for sticking with me for 85,000 words yeah? :) Thanks a bunch! Thanks so much guys! For everything! Love you so much! This is the end of the book. Hope you'll stick around and read some of my other stories though...

Oh! And could you do me two more favours?

1) Nominate me in the Special Awards as the Best Trailer Award

and

2) Tell your friends about this story.

I really want to win the Wattys and I'll need all of your help. Thanks a bunch guys! Love you!

Oh, and could you comment and tell me your opinion of this story? I'd really love to hear it. :) LOVE YA~

PS Could you please please please go and take a look at my new Science-Fiction/Adventure story Run? I would really like some opinions on that. Thank youuu! The story is in the external link. Go check it out!

UPDATE (6/1/15): I am no longer going to write a spin off for this. As much as I love the story and the characters, I can't bring myself to write a spin off. I feel like this is how the story should end. Thank you for understanding :)

UPDATE (12/12/15): I know I said otherwise, but I am writing a spin off for this book, although not the one I initially wanted to write. I am writing a story from Isla's POV at a Christmas celebration when she is much older. I'm writing it as part of the December Just Write It challenge. You can go check it out if you like :) Merry Christmas everyone