Chapter 34

Unknown's POV

"So... Why are we targeting his girlfriend again?" I asked Desmond in the most seductive voice I could manage, crossing my legs and putting them on my bare lap as I watched him from atop the wooden office table.

He chuckled and looked up, straight into my eye. "She already knows she's targeted. It doesn't matter anymore. Besides, it was kind of like your idea to do it."

I sighed and rolled my eyes, not literally.

"And get off the table," he added.

I shot him a playful glare and hopped off the table, brushing off his slightly rude comments as usual. I grabbed a chair and pulled it over to wherever Desmond was sitting.

"So, what are you doing?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"What do you think I'm doing?"

I glanced at the computer that he was looking at so intently. There was a computerised map of a town and a huge red dot blinking in one of the square shaped things which are supposed to be houses. There are also several coordinates scrawled down and some messy notes lying beside the computer.

"I would say 'something to do with the computer', but that would probably backfire, so instead, I'll say 'tracking down someone to do something'," I replied him.

His lips curved up into a small smirk. "Smart girl," I heard him mutter.

I grinned at him. "Isn't that one of the reasons why you love me?"

He chuckled. "That is one of the reasons why I love you," he confirmed.

I continued watching him as the fingers on both his hands started moving swiftly on the keyboard, punching in code after code. I can't really type out as fast as him, but I didn't choose software programming elective for nothing in high school.

"Who are you tracking?" I questioned, curiosity bubbling up inside of me.

His fingers stopped whatever it was doing just a second ago as he turned to look at me. He cocked his head at me, making him look remarkably cute, with some kind of unknown emotion stirring in his eyes. "Who do you think I'm tracking?"

I am just starting to realise this. Desmond always replies a question with another questions. He never gives a straight answer. And honestly speaking, that is quite smart of him. "It has to be one of your targets, and I am suspecting that it's Willow."

He chuckled once more. "Ah yes. Willow Annabelle Rayne. Poor little Willow, all alone with no one to confide in."

"So, it's Willow. Do you still have any spies placed there? Considering Gray is not with her anymore..."

He didn't reply. He continued typing away on his keyboard, his eyes darting around the computer screen. I think I might know what he's planning. But I have a feeling that by leaving, Gray might've just ruined it all.

"Sometimes, I feel like I could just kill Gray for being so stupid," I muttered to no one in particular, since there's no one there who is free enough to listen to me.

I got off the chair and went to get my own laptop. I walked back to that chair and sat down once again. I immediately switched the gadget on.

~~~ ♥ ~~ ♥ ~~ ♥ ~~~

I do not understand why people always say that planning – or rather, plotting – things like this is always a hard feat to accomplish, because it is actually not that difficult. Within an hour or so of inputting mostly codes into the computer, and scrawling down some notes, I managed to come with a perfect and fool proof plan for our situation.

I turned the laptop so that the computer screen faced Desmond himself.

He examined it and nodded knowingly, and grinned at me. "Great job. You have just devised the perfect plan for us."

I rolled my eyes and punched him playfully in the shoulder. "Don't be so formal with me."

"But still, it is the perfect plan for our situation. And it will be flawless."

I chuckled sinisterly at his reply. "My point exactly."

"It's a good thing that you're working with me on this one. You have always been one of the best masterminds in this organisation."

"Oh, I'm flattered," I mocked. "But anyway, this is my job. I don't want to just sit around doing nothing while you do all of my work."

He chuckled at me. "There's nothing better for a job than a good plan. And you, my dear, just gave me exactly that."

_____________________

Sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoyed it though! :D And I think you might've guessed who's POV it's in! XD