Where everything stands.

Katie's POV

"I don't think I can do this Liam!" I yelped to Liam while I practically hyperventilated in the waiting room of modest!

 Liam and Louis seemed just as nervous which really wasn't helping.

"Please relax Katie! You're just making me even more nervous but I'm not sure why since you are going to be amazing." Liam mumbled half his sentence as he bit his nails. A habit that both Liam and myself shared.

"You don't know that! I could do horrible and be a laughing stock of the whole world for months!" I know that I'm over reacting but at the same time it could happen!

Liam sighed and pulled his phone out of his pocket before scrolling for a bit. I huffed remembering that I still don't have a phone right now.

After awhile he placed his phone into my hand and pressed the screen so that the video on screen started.

It took me a moment to register what was playing but when I did I realized that I was watching a video of myself singing, and playing the guitar.

It was the day Niall told me that we were never together and that he wanted to go back to being friends, oh god did that memory hurt. I was singing a song that was about saying goodbye and lost feelings while the song I plan to sing today is about Calum and how he is to good to be true. Such a change a few weeks can make.

"You see? I know you will do great because I have seen and heard you sing before and if you're anywhere near as soulful as you were when I recorded that then you are going to be great." He hugged my shoulders while Louis hugged my other side. I started to calm down and I felt a bit more sure  about this all of the sudden.

The time seemed to go by very slowly as we waited and I could hear the ticking sound that the wall clock across the room was making, the ticks felt like they were getting slower and slower until the point when I thought the clock had actually stopped. I felt like I had been holding my breathe for a good two minutes when the sound of ticking filled the waiting room again. I knew it was probably only a second or two but every time I couldn't hear the annoying clock, my breathe would get caught in my throat.

Even after Liam's comforting words and hugs, I still felt like I was just wasting my time by even thinking I could do this. The nerves flooded back and I could feel my breathing become unsteady once the clock hit eleven-thirty.

As if on cue a door opened and the clicking of high heels was heard from around the corner.

I squeezed my eyes shut as the person walked around the corner and towards us. You could hear as she got closer to us by the sound of her shoes, at this point I would rather be listening to the clock right now.

"Katie Payne? They're ready for you."

My heart instantly picked up its pace as I continued to squeeze my eyes closed and shakily stood up.

"Do you uh... do you want me to come with you?" Liam's voice was shaky and it sounded like he was desperately trying to keep his voice steady.

"No I want to do this on my own." I gave Liam a short side hug before walking over to the blonde snobby looking lady.

The lady who's name I don't know, stuck her nose further into the air and flipped her overly blonde hair so that it nearly hit me in the face. Well someone is rude but I have bigger issues right now.

We walked down the hall and past a few doors before she opened and large wooden door for me then shut it right behind me causing me to jump from how loud she had closed the door.