The pain of being a Payne

Katie's POV

*The next morning*

"@Katie_Payne: My brain still thinks it's in New Zealand! it's 2 in the morning and I can't sleep. At least this bed is super comfy!"

Once the tweet was sent I scrolled my news feed for a while and noticed a tweet from Niall.

"@NiallOffical: After being around the four lads and little miss @Katie_Payne it feels weird to be home alone!"

I found myself laughing at Niall's silliness before scrolling once again. After looking at my mentions for a bit I came across a profile titled @KatiePayneUpdates. Being the curious person I am I opened the profile.

It had countless different pictures of me from my old Facebook page that was deleted around the same time I made my twitter. Even though it was a private profile I didn't feel comfortable knowing any of my so called friends back home could use the information off there to make me look horrible so I got rid of it.

I continued to look at the twitter page and finding more pictures and posts about things such as my favourite colour and what my old family was like and many other things.

It made since to me that this person must of known me in back in New Zealand because there was no other way for them to know all this stuff about me already. I mean for god sake I've only posted on twitter three times!

I started to get quite angry at this profile and before I knew it there was tears sliding down my cheeks.

I got out of my bed and shivered when my feet touched the cold wood floor. I was only wearing sweatpants and a singlet so I put on large knitted jumper before walking out of my room and towards the kitchen.

It took me a while but I finally found the glasses and poured myself some water.

Once I had finished my water I looked around the overly large kitchen and sighed. This was my life now, how could I not be excited?

I gripped onto the edge of the counter top with my small hands to stop me from falling to the floor and trying to cry my problems away again, because it didn't work last night so why would now be any different?

"Do you want me to make you some tea?" Liams' voice was heard from behind me making me jump and turn around to face him.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Liam slowly said while walking over to me. I ignored his second statement and just answered his question.

"Why is it that when people are from England they think about tea constantly?" I asked Liam making him chuckle.

"You better start getting use to it or are you more of a coffee girl?" He asked.

I just laughed at his strangeness

"Not at this time of the morning." I said before it fell into a uncomfortable silence.

I stood there for a while before a thought accrued to me.  

"I'm sorry I woke you, I didn't mean to make noise." I said looking down at the floor in case he was angry at me.

"I didn't go to sleep. I was in the lounge room." I looked up at him to see him shrugging his shoulders and looking directly at me.

"What? Why didn't you go to sleep?" I'm curious. sue me.

"I heard you crying after the boys left last night. You actually cried yourself to sleep. I went in your room to see if you had calmed down and you were asleep with tears still running down your face. How do you except me to sleep when every time I close my eyes all I see is those nail marks that are on your cheeks that were caused by one of my fans and the tears running down your cheeks which were caused by me." He talked very low and serious while walking closer towards me.