What could possibly happen.

Katie's POV

I stared at myself blankly in my laptop screen. I was meant to Skype Calum any minute now but for some reason I was far to nervous to even turn my laptop on.

I am pretty sure that the reason I was nervous had something to do with the fact that I went out for ice cream with Niall and ended up being bombarded with paparazzi. Niall grabbed my hand because everyone knows I really can't stand all the cameras and people yelling things at me but it looked totally wrong and they all thought that we were on a date, which it wasn't because it was just two friends getting ice cream!

The silence of my room was broken my phone buzzing and signalling I had a message.

I opened the message to see it was from Calum.

From: Cal xx

Hey babes, are you going to Skype me? Don't leave me hanging :(

I sighed at placed my phone down not brothering to text back.

After turning on my laptop and typing in my password, I clicked Calum's name and waited for him to answer. I could almost feel the sweat building on my forehead as my heartbeat started to grow faster while I waited for him to pick up.

"HEY KATIE!" All four boys screamed as soon as they had answered causing me to jump and fall off my computer chair.

I could hear them all laughing but frankly I just wanted to stay on the ground and pray Calum hadn't heard about where I was earlier today. After all Calum had asked me to be his valentine and yet I went out with Niall on valentines day, god I'm such a bitch.

"Aw we're sorry Katie! Please come back on screen." All my praying didn't pay off. I was hoping if I stayed down here long enough they would hang up but they didn't so I let out the breathe I was holding in and pulled myself back onto my seat.

I looked at the screen to see all four boys looking at me smiling and being the cute idiots they are, I forced a fake smile onto my face and hoped it was believable enough.

"Hi guys." I tried to make sure my voice had at least a small tinge of happiness in it and so far it was working because all their smiles grew wider as soon as I talked.

"Well we're going to leave you and Calum to chat." Ashton snickered before him and the other boys walked away and left me and Calum to talk.

"Just chatting Calum! Make sure she keeps her shirt on!" Luke yelled before I heard a door close.

It was just me and Calum. Even though it was through Skype I was still nervous as hell.

"Um so? How has your day been?" I sounded so lame and shy but I couldn't help it.

"Not as interesting as yours. I heard you went out for ice cream with a certain Irish person." He didn't sound mad just kind of sad really. God I feel bad.

"It was just as friends! I'm really sorry." I quickly talked hoping that he wouldn't hang up on me or say something hurtful. It was weird, at first I wanted him to hang up now I don't want him to leave.

"I know Katie calm down, I already screamed at Niall through the phone and he told me that it was just him trying to regain your friendship. I'm not mad babe. But I still can't have him trying to steal my girl." I let out a sigh of relief and smiled which he returned. When he called me his girl, I felt the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. I never thought I would feel this way about him and I never thought he would feel the same way back. I always pictured myself with Ashton but now I can't look at him as anything but a friend.

"Still I'm sorry that I was with him instead of you." My words made him smile wider.

It fell into a comfortable silence with both of us just looing at each other.