The christmas miracle

Katie's POV

We walked back into Liam's apartment with Niall holding my hand very tightly and Louis carrying my suitcase. The boys wouldn't let me walk even one foot away from them the whole way here, and barely said a word during the drive.

It really annoyed me that they haven't shouted at me yet. Just the anticipation of it is killing me.

I tried to pull away from Nialls' hand but he pulled me back towards him and sat us on the couch with the other four boys sitting opposite us staring at me. Curse this stupid circle couch.

The wait to be shouted at is something I've never really had to deal with. My old parents use to just let it out straight away, so this was very strange.

"Why?" Liam asked in some what of a calm tone. Well that's odd.

Niall squeezed my hand trying to make me talk back but all I did was shrug. I had nothing to say.

"I don't understand why you would try to leave. I mean sure it's not perfect for you but were your family now, you cant just run away when it gets to hard. We are all you have Katie so please talk to us." Liam said as he walked over and crouched down in front of me. Something he has done whenever I get all quiet and wont look at him, he will sit right in front of me on the floor so I have to look at him.

I stood up and jerked my hand away from Niall. I walked straight into my movie room rather than my bedroom so it was easy for them to see where I was.

I searched through the movies until I found The Muppets. That movie always manages to cheer me up so I put the disc into the DVD player and flopped on to the large couch-bed thingy that takes up nearly half the room, but it's super comfy so I don't care if it's to big and makes me look tiny.

Wrapping myself in a fluffy blanket, I got comfortable and started the movie.

About halfway through the movie someone knocked on the door. I paused the movie just as one of my favourite songs from the movie started.

I debated with myself weather I should get off my lazy bum and open the door or actually talk and just tell them to come in. I decided against talking and just got up and opened the door.

I opened the door just enough to stick my head out and see who was knocking. surprisingly it was Louis, not Niall or Liam maybe because those two would just push me to talk to them. Whatever it is I'm actually glad its not them and that it's Louis.

"Uh Liam asked one of us to come and sit with you for a while just to make sure your okay and stuff, since were pretty good friends I thought you might want it to be me. I'm not going to push you to talk to me or anything, okay?" Louis rambled on while rubbing the back of his neck.

I left the door open for him and made my way back to the large couch. Louis quietly closed the door behind him and made his way over to the couch.

Louis sat next to me and made himself comfortable. I was in the process of wrapping the fluffy blanket around myself again when I noticed out the corner of my eye that Louis was watching me do this. I sort of feel bad because he doesn't have a jacket or sweater and I can't see any other blankets in the room.

I pulled the blanket away from my body on the side where Louis was sitting next to me, almost like I was inviting Louis to cuddle under the blanket with me, without actually having to say anything. Louis looked at the blanket then at my face to see if I was serious, I put on the best smile I could manage to reassure him. He smiled back and scooted over to get under the blanket with me.

I couldn't help but think that right now Louis was like the only thing I have close to a best friend, sure I have Ashley but she can't comfort me halfway across the world. Louis is the best guy friend I never had, until now.