Last name dilemmas

Katie's POV

After being crushed by Ashley's arms for a good hour my crying, or more like bawling started to die down to slight sniffles. Ash had told me about it not being a legal adoption and how they just left me at a hotel room's door without even knowing who was staying there or if anyone was staying in there at all.

Ash didn't tell me anything else besides that, something about hearing the rest from my parents.

Which set of parents.

My subconscious said to me rather sarcastically making me feel the need to cry again. 

I really needed to hear what else there was to this. I needed to know what everyone else but me already knew.

I dipped my finger tips into the water before using them to wipe the mascara off of my cheeks. No matter how upset I was, I'm not going to let them see me like this.

I gathered myself a bit more before Ash and I began walking back towards my hell that awaited me.

As we got closer and closer my hands started too shake and my breathe started to get stuck in my throat.

It's to soon I told myself.

I couldn't stand to face what was at my house. I can't go back yet.

"You go. I'm gana go see Vinny for a minute." I told Ash as I stared at Vinny's house that was only a few houses down from mine.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? You two haven't been alone since you were a real couple like three years ago. I thought it was just for the popularity points now?" Ash said getting really concerned about my choice of comfort.

"Ash, he's still a good friend and right now I just need to talk to him." I lied to her. I knew exactly why I wanted to see him and it wasn't just to talk. I needed a stress realise and this was how I was going to get it.

_

After Ash had gone to my house to distract everyone for a while I walked down the street until I was standing at his front door.

I took a deep breathe before knocking every shakily.

Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

But as soon as he opened the door and smiled at me I couldn't help myself.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him with so much passion it even scared me. Without breaking our kiss, he closed the door and pushed me up against it. This was why I use to like him so much three years ago. One minute he was all sweet and caring and the next minute he was all hot and sexy. The perfect way to keep my mind off of other things.

He pulled away, both of us out of breathe and stared down at me shocked at what we had just done. Neither of us really thinking it through. We obviously both still had feelings for each other but used each other as ways to be more popular. What had we just done.

"Were not in public, we don't have to pretend. So what was that for?" Vinny asked still slightly out of breathe.

I hadn't dared talk first but after he had said that in more of a curious tone rather than a happy one, it left me thinking if he liked it or not.

After awhile I managed to find a answer.

"I just really needed it." I said but my answer sound better in my head.

"Well then shall we continue this upstairs?" He asked with a huge goofy grin on his face. God I loved his smile.

"We shall." I said while taking his hand and going upstairs.