Birthday bliss or birthday bummer?

Katie's POV

"Come on girls, lets start heading to the car." Liam said while he was looking around the airport to see how many girls have noticed him.

Unlucky for us the amount of girls that had seen Liam was quite a lot.

The fans started to circle around Liam, making it hard for me and Ashley to even see him.

It was just like this earlier today when I was getting my licence.

But the only thing good about the fans today is that some of them actually bothered to say happy birthday to me.

Liam continued to take countless amounts of pictures with fans and sign random objects for them while Ash and I stood off to the side.

It's not that I don't like interacting with the fans but every time I try I cant help the memories in the back of my head, the memories of that girl ruining my face on the day I first arrived to London.

Well she didn't really ruin my face, it's actually starting to fade now so I can cover it perfectly with some concealer. Unlike the marks that Sophia left on my wrist, they haven't faded at all so I've been wearing long sleeves to cover the bandage. Thank heavens that it is winter over here so no one will question it.

I hate that I had to go through winter in New Zealand and now London straight after.

All these thoughts about my long sleeves and nails marks on my face and wrist just downed my mood majorly. The next thing I knew I could feel the tears starting to form behind my eyes. Jesus! Not on my birthday!

"Hey Katie? Are you okay?" Ash asked while rubbing my back. I'm not even crying yet and she already knows I'm upset. God I love this girl so much.

"Uh sure, I just uh want to wait in the car." I managed to croak out while walking towards Liam who was talking to a small group of girls.

"Hey Liam. Were just going to wait in the car okay?" I asked him making him and the group of girls turn to look at me.

Every girl in the group gasped when they saw me. That is one reaction I haven't seen yet, until now.

"Oh my gosh! Your Katie Payne! Wow your really pretty. There's not many photos of you on the internet yet so it was hard to tell what you looked like until now!" One of the girls rambled on while they others just stared at me. It's good to know that not all the fans hate me.

"Thank you." I smiled not really sure what else to say.

"It's actually Katie's birthday today so we should get going. These two lovely ladies have to get dressed for the party." Liam grinned at me as he talked. He didn't mention a party this morning!

"Oh wow! Happy birthday!" The main girl of the group hugged me. Not a big fan of hugging strangers but I guess I should be happy that I found a fan that doesn't hate me for no reason.

"Well it was nice meeting you but we should get going." Liam smiled politely to them and linked his arm with mine, then linked his other arm with Ashley's.

"I'm driving!" I said pulling the keys out of my pocket and swinging them around in my hand.

"But I actually want to live!" Ash whined making me put a hand over my heart and dramatically pretend to be hurt by her words.

"Well I drove to the airport and me and Liam are still alive, so you can just suck it up and get in the car."

_

"Oh my god! This place is amazing!" Ash squealed once we entered our house. I couldn't help but laugh at how amazed she was because it made me realise that just over a week ago that was me with my mouth wide open at the site before us.