A change of heart and a change of age

Liam's POV
*7am Christmas day*

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes and the slight sound of birds chirping outside my window. I loved staying at my parents house, I always woke up happy and refreshed like they do in the movies.

I hopped out of my bed and stretched my arms above my head. I could feel a slight pounding in the back of my head but nowhere near as bad as some of the hangovers I've had in the past. I looked at my bedside table to find a glass of water and two pain killers, gosh my parents are awesome. 

Once I had swallowed the pills and downed my glass of water I made my way down the stairs to see that my mum and dad have only just woken up as well and were just getting the ingredients out to make breakfast.

"Morning honey, hope your head isn't to bad." My mum said while she came over and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"Oh and Merry Christmas!" She added with a warm smile.

"My head doesn't even feel that bad. And a very Merry Christmas to you too!"

I slid onto a stool and the island in the middle of the kitchen and looked around the room. No sign of Katie and I didn't see her in the lounge room when I walked past to get to the kitchen.

"Is Katie up yet?" I asked my dad as he mixed the pancake mixture together.

"No she is still sleeping, you kept her out pretty late last night. Oh and before I forget down think we don't know how freaked out you were last night when Katie disappeared on you. Louis called us before you showed up telling us how crazy you were being thinking that you lost her." My dad chuckled at the end of his sentence, making my cheeks turn slightly pink at the fact that they knew all along.

"Oh leave the poor kid alone! besides we have to get breakfast prefect this year! it's our first Christmas with Katie, did you believe this day would ever come?" My mum stood their pretty much planning the whole day in her head. But I did agree with her, this was Katie's first Christmas as a Payne so it needs to be a good one.

"Honestly? I didn't think it would." I shrugged at her.

"But you two always seemed so sure that we would get Katie back."

My mum and dad both looked at me like I had just sworn in church. They did not look impressed.

"It was a mistake letting Katie go, So I'm just glad we got her back." My mum said looking like she was about to cry at the memory of what they did when Katie was born.

"I know mum I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that I know how much you regret it and I know how much you love her." I kissed my mum on the cheek before walking out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going? Are you not going to help with breakfast?" My dad yelled to me.

"No I'm going to wake Katie up!" I said then ran off to her room before they could protest.

Once I reached her door I opened it slowly to see her with the covers over her head to stop the sun getting in her eyes.

Slowly I walked towards her bed. She stayed completely still even when the floor creaked under my foot.

Either she is a really deep sleeper or she just doesn't want to get out of bed.

"Katie... wake up" I sang in silly voice hoping it would make her laugh.
But she just groaned and turned away from me.

I shook her slightly to try and wake her up faster.
"Katie wake up, I'm boooored" I whined still shaking her.

"Five more minutes" She croaked out making me laugh at how stubborn she was being.