Chapter 16

Neverland's Ocean

After being blinded by the second star on the right, Evelina was beyond relieved when she saw the dark island not far from them. They were still a whiles away, but Evelina was glad they were in Neverland territory.

She gripped Sebastian's hand and took a deep breath. She peered down below her, and squirmed when she saw the angry ocean crashing against various rocks. Her squirming caused Bash to lose a bit of his balance, and he glared back at her.

"If you keep squirming like that I'm going to let go of you." Sebastian threatened and Evelina winced.

She calmed down. She didn't want to drown. But she did want to get closer to the water. Evelina wanted to touch it.

"Bash I wanna touch the water."

"No."

"Bash I wanna touch the water."

"No."

"But Bash-"

"Evelina, unless you want to be eaten by the mermaids and dragged to the bottom of the sea by the sirens, we are not getting close to the bloody ocean."

Evelina's eyes widened as she looked at the sea now in fear.

"I forgot about them.." She mumbled, for she then remembered that on her Valentine's date with Peter, he had told her stories of how the mermaids used to destroy pirate ships with their tails, and the sirens would coax sailors to their deaths with merely the use of their voice.

Evelina tried her hardest not to think of the deadly fish.

~

It had been a rough time for the Charming's.

First, the Wicked Witch of the West, Zelena, had threatened them with a curse.

Second, Emma and Henry did not remember who the fairytale citizens were and were currently building their own lives in New York.

And lastly, Snow White was pregnant.

Zelena needed Snow's baby to cast an impossible spell.

A spell that had only been told of but never achieved.

The witch wanted to go back in time. Regina, who was apparently Zelena's half sister, has the unholy task of stopping her, with the help of the Charming's of course. It was easier said than done.

And as the year went by, the task only kept getting harder as the year went by.

And Snow's baby bump began to grow.

It was a beautiful reminder that told the royals, they were running out of time.

~

Evelina began to grow tired. Although flying wasn't a very moving activity, the darkness of the night sky and the tiredness of her bones were beginning to collide together, hence making her sleepy.

"Bash, I'm getting tired. Can we take a break?" She asked before letting out a loud yawn. Sebastian glanced back at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you see a Neverland Resort around here? We aren't stopping, Evelina." He sassed and Evie rolled her eyes."

"Dra til helvete." She muttered under her breath and Bash gasped dramatically.

"You arse!" He yelled.

"You don't even know what I said!" She snapped.

"Well, I know it wasn't a compliment." He grumbled.

Evelina frowned. She began to squirm again and Bash groaned in annoyance.

"That's it, I'm letting you go." He said and instantly let go Evelina.

The poor girl let out a terrified scream. Evelina's life flashed before her eyes. She could feel her heart drop and felt herself falling from the skies. She began to cry large tears.

As for Sebastian, he simply stared at Evelina with an unamused expression.

"Darling, you're still in the air."

Evelina looked down and realized Bash was right. She floated around in the air. She gasped and looked back up to Sebastian with a happy smile.

"I'm flying... All by myself!" She exclaimed and gave a heartfelt chuckle.

"Like this, love. We must keep going." The lost boy showed her how to keep balance by expanding his arms out and keeping his legs straight.

Evelina eventually got the hang of it. She was able to keep her own balance and she didn't have to rely on Sebastian. She did go a little slower than Bash, and struggled to keep up, but Sebastian slowed down for her so he wouldn't lose her. He said encouraging words to keep her going, and finally, Evelina was able to fly on her own and at his pace.

"Sebastian... May I ask you a personal question?" Evelina asked as she flew next to him. Bash raised an eyebrow.

"Depends on the question." He said.

"What was your life like before you got to Neverland?"

It was a question Sebastian didn't like to answer. Pan once asked him the same question, but it wasn't because he was curious as to what Bash was up to when he lived on the Land Without Magic. It was a cruel test of Pan's. It was a question to find out if Bash had forgotten everything about his old life. Because according to Pan, there is no life before Neverland. Bash had told Peter Pan he didn't remember anything about his previous life, except maybe a few things. It was enough to satisfy Pan.

But it wasn't the truth. Bash did remember. His previous life was private. He didn't dare tell anyone.

And he sure as hell wasn't going to tell Evelina either.

"I don't remember my life before Neverland, and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you, Evelina." He snapped, instantly going into a bad mood.

Sebastian expected Evelina to snap back with a comment of her own. He expected her to nag at him to tell her, to pressure him, to break him into spilling all his secrets. But he didn't get any of that.

Instead he heard a scream.

And as he looked, the last thing Sebastian saw was Evelina's small body being engulfed by the ocean that held so many dangers.

The lost boy panicked even more when he saw various quick figures swimming towards Evelina's thrashing body.

And it was a race to see who got to her first.

*unedited*

Happy Halloween y'all! 🎃