Chapter 1

~Lucy's P.O.V.~

"Hold on!" I shouted when I heard someone knocking at my door. I did my morning routine, then rushed downstairs and opened the door. It was just the mailman.

"Good morning, Lucy! How are you?." He said/asked.

"I'm doing fine! How about you?"

"I'm doing okay. Heres your mail" I thanked him and went back inside. I looked at the letters to see who its from. One was from the magic council and the other one was from....Fairy Tail? I decided to open up the letter from Fairy Tail first and it said:

Dear Lucy,

The guild is finally together again. Some members are still missing, either they moved on or they still haven't received the letter. I hope you could come back to the guild. Turns out that you are the only one missing from Team Natsu. Its your decision if you want to come back or not. Just know that we are always watching over you.

                       -Sincerely Makorav

'I can't believe they're back!' I shouted in my mind. I tried my best to smile but....I couldn't....I still blame myself for what happened to her...After I finally cleared my mind of her, I opened the magic council's letter. It said:

Dear Lucy,

We have been studying about what happens when a celestial spirit's key is broken. Different things could happen to the spirit depending on which spirit it is. So for you, we found something about Aquarius. We need you to come to a meeting in the council's office asap. The meeting starts on Saturday at 8 in the morning. Please don't be late. We'll send two people to pick you up. Thank you for your time.
                 -By the Magic Council

"A.....Aquarius...." That was all I could say until the flashbacks of my worst nightmare came rushing through my head....

~Flashback~

(Bold=Aquarius and Italics=Lucy)

"These demons are too strong, but there's one way you can win this."

"There is?"

"Yes, we barely have the time to say this once so pay attention. You're strong Lucy. Strong enough to keep three gates open and strong enough to summon him...the Celestial Spirit King."

"Is that possible?"

"Why else would I say it! This won't be easy but it's our only chance. His strike from the stars can obliterate any pho even this one."

"Call him but how? I don't have his gate key."

"The Celestial Spirit King has no key Lucy. There's another way to open his gate....with a Zodiac key. The price is a hefty one though, you can open the gate of the King only once and only by breaking a golden key....forever."

"But that would mean losing one of my spirits."

"You can't just break any golden key either. The king's gate will only open if the level of trust between wizard and spirit is especially strong."

"There has to be another way! I won't do that! I mean it! Its like your telling me to pick a best friend to betray!!"

"Its not a betrayal if I let you. Only thing I've trusted you to do was act like a fool, but we do go way back. So I think it'll work."

"Are you saying I should-"

"Do what it takes to save your friends? Yes."

"But your one of them!! I'm not about to sacrifice one friend to save another!! Its wrong!! There's another way. There has to be! All we have to do is figure it out."

"Do you think I'll suggest this if there was another option?! This is the only chance you have."

"No!!! That's not true!!!" I cried out. I don't wanna lose another person who has always been there for me....

"You here that?! He'll break through soon. You have to be strong please."

"I can't!"

"Its not like you breaking my key will kill me okay? I'll be fine. It'll be like I moved....somewhere very far away."

"It'll still be too sad."

"Maybe for you but I'll be relieved. Your mother was an extraordinary person, the best master I ever had. When she lost her life and my key was passed on to you. I could barely take it. You were an ignorant brat who cried all the time and took everything for granted. You didn't inherited an ounce of your mother's natural grace but I had to tolerate you because you were Layla's daughter. I loathe you, despised you for such a very long time."

"I don't care if you hate me! Your still my first friend and I love you!! Stop trying-"

"Quit acting like a damn child!! You can lose every friend you have or you can just lose me! What matters most in life?! Keys!! Memories?! You guilty conscience!! Or is it this? The strength to make sacrifices to protect the ones you love. Even when it hurts you. If thats it then break my key right now!! Natsu isn't coming! Its all on you!"

"I love you Aquarius....I love you so much..."

"Yeah I know! Now do it!!"

I began to release all my magic into the key with my eyes closed. I could feel Aquarius in pain.
"Open! Gate of the king!" Nothing happened. I tried one more time but I heard Aquarius...

"Despite myself....I'm gonna miss you. You suck, I'm gonna miss you bad."

"OPEN!! GATE OF THE KING!!!" I shouted one last time...thats when Aquarius said her last words....

"I'm grateful tho. For every moment we shared...."
I opened my eyes...only to see Aquarius' key shatter to pieces....

~Flashback over~

"Why....WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DO THAT TO YOU AQUARIUS?!!!" I shouted and fell on my knees, crying and repeating, "Why? Why couldn't I be stronger?! Why?!!"

Ever since that happened I was never the same. The memory kept haunting me in my sleep and....I began to cut myself. I went to the bathroom and cut myself again. My arms and legs were filled with scars.... I'm too scared to tell my nakamas....I have dreams of when I tell them what happened and they just want me dead....I know Aquarius wouldn't want this from me but I just can't help it...I just wanna die already....

♈♉♊♋♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓⛎♈♉♊♋♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓⛎♈♉♊♋♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓⛎

Thank you so much for reading my story!! I hope you enjoyed it, until next time! I don't own anything!! All the characters and the show belongs to Hiro Mashima. Also, please don't judge me, this is the first story I ever wrote. Until next time.....

Bye