Chapter 24: Getaway

It’s been a week since we’ve been practicing and studying about baking for the tournament and honestly, we’ve been practicing day until night since Mrs. Flinston gives quizzes every two days after the lesson. It’s honestly stressing me out and I think I want to have a spa already.

We’ve been spending time each night at the kitchen laboratory practicing different treats and such. We’re always practicing what our tastes are capable off for the competition since there is a round that you’ll be testing a treat while blindfolded then you have to tell the judges what it is or you’ll be limited. One from the group gets wrong and you’re all out. Actually, the tournament they say has only four rounds so that would be very stressing.

Today’s Monday again. Oh my goodness, more studying! I really want to take a vacation.

I went in to the blue house and immediately sat down on the couch.

“Ready for today’s test?” Drew asked me.

“Kind of. I’m not sure if I could remember what I read last night.” I said.

“Me either. My head’s cramming too much!” Drew rubbed his temples and leaning into the couch.

“Class!” Mrs. Flinston suddenly came in and she was dressed in..casual clothes?!

Right now is spring so it’s a bit hot but not too much. She wore a shirt that says ‘Mango For Life’ then she wore a crop pants and a slipper. Okay, what’s up?!

We all stare at her like we saw an alien.

“So, are we just going to stare at each other or do you want to take a vacation?!”

We immediately got up and went out of the classroom.

“I’ll give you guys an hour to pack your things. We’re going on a one week vacation! But! This isn’t just any vacation, this is an educational vacation. You guys will be relaxing and learning for this upcoming tournament in June, 27. Okay?” Mrs. Flinston said.

“Where are we going anyway?” Blake asked.

“First, to a beach then we’ll sleep at the hotel, the next day, carnival rides. The day after, a four day summer camp for you guys to learn basic things about cooking! So if I were you, chop chop!”

We all went to our respective rooms to get ready. I really can’t believe this! A vacation! But a bit of learning but that’s pretty fine with me!

I got my big shoulder bag which has a violet handle and the rest of the bag is color pink, then started picking out shirts and jeans that I will bring.

Pink ruffled one sided shirt or the one I bought last time? The violet sleeveless dress. Hm, I can’t decide!

I’m just too excited!

I’ll take both then!

~~

“Sorry I’m late guys!” I said as I ran towards the van. I couldn’t decide which to bring that’s why I brought almost all of my stuffs. I had two hand carries actually so the only thing left at the room was my luggage in FULL locks. Don’t worry, the only thing in there are my books in the classroom and some papers.

Our van is colored white and isn’t an RV. It’s like a big car with lots of seats. Like a small bus.

Mrs. Flinston sat at the front seat with the driver while we all sat at the back.

The drive was a four hour drive. Since I get dizzy on cars, I decided to sleep.

Blake decided to read while Chace’s studying, how studious. While Drew? Playing hangaroo.